Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Silver Swastika Found Metal Detecting

Article about: SOLD, Thanks guys **The thread starter deleted the images for whatever reason but you can view them in post #33.**

Default Re: Silver Swastika Found Metal Detecting

Sold
    Last edited by Wellies; 09-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Swastika Found Metal Detecting
    P
    Many

?

If you did not want honest opinions on this item why did you post it.

Regards Mark K

Quote by Wellies View Post
    Its obviously hand made, wear on the loop hole means its used.
    Odd, I could tell that just by the photos
    this was black as the ace of spades when it was found.
    This was not in the description, looking to add a few bids to this item?
    Bet you'd love to buy it for $50, good luck.
    Not really,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sold
    Last edited by Wellies; 09-08-2012 at 06:28 PM.

?

Isn't it funny how the so called experts end up upset & acting like they have the hump, same people always resort to being rude.

Anybody with 2 cents of sense would rather have 45g of silver than a current 50p so that completely rules out your opinion about anything.
    Lets not get out panties in a bunch. We are all friends here.
    Personally, I dont think it rude. We have a nice friendly tone here, where people tell us their opinion.

Besides, you did ask.

The comment might be a way of saying, that EZ dont believe the artifact to be silver. Not that Im qualified to speak on the forum members behalf.

It was found in the UK with lots of british military buttons, badges, ammo etc.

Made of Silver, (clue is in the title) aluminum dosn't oxidise & dosn't test positive on silver test, this was black as the ace of spades when it was found.
    I was found by a detectorist, you say. But you know, that it was found in a hoard and further more, that is was black when found.
    Im a bit baffled; are you by any chance the one who found the item ...or have you had communication with the seller?
    (it has no impact on the item being genuine or not, Im just curious)

Sold

Nothing like a good back pedaler eh Ralph, thanks for comments.
    Not back pedelling, just agreed that I would only be willing to offer about $50. for it. Didn't say I would love to have it. My priorities are elsewhere.
    Are you the seller?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sold

?

It could be some HJ kids made it back in the 30`s, because of the tiny swastika in the square on the back. But as long as it is a homemade item and certain people make 4th reich fantasy items, it is close to impossible to know for certain when it was made.
    This is the sort of item you can find when you metal detecting, and you consider throwing back into the wilderness because you will always have that little frustrating thought in the back of your head- Genuine- Or not... Genuine- Or not...

Yes i have been detecting and found several unidentified items, and to this day certain coins is haunting my mind because i cannot find out the year of production.

If i found this item, i would have given it to a local museum in the city wich holds the name. At least it can be used to something in a HJ/war museum. Because i could never have an item i could not be sure was 100% pre 45.

Or i would have used it next time i was going on a deep sea fishing. Hey it IS a good luck charm after all.!

?

Interesting thread, I can't say that I've seen anything like it before, and the markings on the back are interesting, but like said previously, it looks like a homemade item and without knowing much about the original owner it's not going to be worth as much. I'm a pretty big music fan, and weirdly enough I have a button of Lemmy Kilmeister from Motorhead wearing just such a necklace, now I'm not "taking the piss" (as my cousins across the pond say) because Lemmy is actually a huge, and well known Third Reich collector! This is the best that I can do with this piece though. I have to ask though, are you the seller?

Silver Swastika Found Metal Detecting

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast