Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Snuff Box

Article about: Hi Chaps, I was shown this today by a mate & thought I'd post it as I've not seen one before. It's in bronze & screw topped with ribs around the edge & on the back is inscribed &

Default Re: Snuff Box

I saw a very similar example today with a different inscription, but A. Hitler was mentioned. The one I saw had a police cap badge type wreathed eagle of bronze mounted on the top. It looked well made but I have no idea if original or not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snuff Box
    P
    Many

Thanks for the info chaps. I'll pass it on to the owner.

?

if it were original i would expect it being made when the owner got the highest grade of that certain medal.

cheers,
    Pat

Yeah, that was my initial thoughts. If it were a presentation piece it would have more quality.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Poor engraving and mistakes in words (Angrieff, sonder with capital "S"). My opinion is that it is just a fake.
    Considering it says "Attack is the best form of defence" in bad German, which is just an old saying and not really a Hitler quote, would tend to make me think it's a fantasy piece. Hitler might have said this, but it's hardly inspiring.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2