Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Are these items original

Article about: Hello everyone,just bought these items in KRAKOW

Default Re: Are these items original

The matchbox covers are fake, as is the screw back EKI with the attached bar. No doubts about it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these items original
    P
    Many

I was feeling oddly about the matchboxes but the EK1 was a dead give away. Sorry but the items at least the ones I payed attention to are replicas/fake.

?

Jerry is quite correct , the RZM stamp on the matchbox is the giveaway , it's just 4th Reich rubbish and the EK I spange etc is a very poor fake.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

That round screw back piece is a very well known fake item that originates from Poland. Your statement that many items will still be there is indeed correct, however, many of the reproduction items that are in circulation nowadays are also produced there. It would appear that you have acquired some of them on your trip to Krakow. If you have more items, do show them-don't be put off by the negative result from these pieces, as some dealers have genuine pieces mixed in wih original items.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

?

Welcome to the forum.
    I have no idea about the Russian medal but the EK1 with attached Spange is a total fake. The markings on the back of the screw disc are completely false and not found on any original piece. Couple that with the very poor quality decoration and there is no doubt. The match box cover is a fantasy item designed to catch the unwary. The markings, which were added to make it appear more authentic in fact mark it out as a fake piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The WWI/1939 Iron Cross is fake by the looks of it. Looks too new.

?

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    Looks too new.
    Please remember that a new looking item doesn't make it a fake. I have pristine awards in my collection that I was the first to unwrap in seventy odd years, they are genuine pieces. There are helmets, visor caps, uniforms, paper items etc that look brand new but it doesn't make them fake.
    This is a popular misconception among inexperienced collectors which needs to be pointed out alot. Seventy year old items can look new and items made yesterday can look old. Don't judge an item on looks alone!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Please remember that a new looking item doesn't make it a fake. I have pristine awards in my collection that I was the first to unwrap in seventy odd years, they are genuine pieces. There are helmets, visor caps, uniforms, paper items etc that look brand new but it doesn't make them fake.
    This is a popular misconception among inexperienced collectors which needs to be pointed out alot. Seventy year old items can look new and items made yesterday can look old. Don't judge an item on looks alone!
    Items that look too new are a first sign of walking away for me. I pick them up and examine them, always, but that's a first sign for me.

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    Items that look too new are a first sign of walking away for me. I pick them up and examine them, always, but that's a first sign for me.
    That's okay, it will only leave the more pristine original items for the more experienced collectors.
    As said by the others, most of these items are poor fakes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello Noobkilla
    The cross looking "too new" is the least of its worries. That dodgy SS, RZM marked screw disc should get the alarm
    bells ringing from 100 paces!

Regards
    Brett

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast