Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Trench art canteen of pow

Article about: My uncle bought a metal canteen that appears to be german origin. The canteen is covered with "trench art". The back has pow camp trinidad with some barracks and gaurd tower. The f

?

Default Trench art canteen of pow

My uncle bought a metal canteen that appears to be german origin. The canteen is covered with "trench art". The back has pow camp trinidad with some barracks and gaurd tower. The front has the africa corps insignia on it with the word tunisia. The name Wilhelm Krentzel is scribed on it. The cap has markings SSL38 and the neck is marked GDN-L42.

I have found what I can on Camp Trinidad searching the internet. I was wondering do the German's have a name database to search for the military? Any help on finding out more about this unique canteen would be helpful. I will try to post some photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench art canteen of pow  
    Attached Images Attached Images Trench art canteen of pow 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench art canteen of pow
    P
    Many

Default Re: Trench art canteen of pow

Looks great so far and I would really like to see some more pictures of it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Trench art canteen of pow

hi , nice bottle with nice pow art...camp trinidad was in texas ,i guess. ive some pow money from there .greetz from berlin.timo

pls take a look to my collection...

Introducing my colletion of pow/trench art