Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

0,5 L canteen question

Article about: HI all, Sometimes, I saw in the sales "non-standard" canteens - 0.5 liter capacity, with marking, similar to the Wehrmacht canteens ( ESB 42 and ESB 43). Dealers usually described

Default 0,5 L canteen question

HI all,
    Sometimes, I saw in the sales "non-standard" canteens - 0.5 liter capacity, with marking, similar to the Wehrmacht canteens ( ESB 42 and ESB 43). Dealers usually described them as Hitlerjugend (or DJ) canteen.
    This version gives me serious doubts - probably, it makes no sense to produce in 1942/1943 a "special small canteens for HJ"?

0,5 L canteen question

0,5 L canteen question

0,5 L canteen question

0,5 L canteen question

0,5 L canteen question
    0,5 L canteen question

ESB 42:

0,5 L canteen question

and ESB 43:

0,5 L canteen question

I also met another version - "special/Helferinnen canteen". I do not know whether this is true:

0,5 L canteen question

I will be very glad to hear your versions.

Best regards,
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 0,5 L canteen question
    P
    Many

Hi, Im not a Wehrmacht canteen pro, but to my knowledge Youth canteens had the normal WH size. The smaller versions in many reputable German military shops are offered as "canteens for female Wehrmacht staff".

Yes, Wadim, I know this version (it is the most popular among "military dealers"), but no official confirmation of this, I have not found. Information from the dealer, I do not trust absolutely, in many cases, they come up with interesting stories to more successful sales .

I know what you mean. Same with the Lysva postwar made cups and helmets, which are offered as original WW2 items on Ebay by Bulgarians, Ukrainians

After a little bit of searching, I found these information for you:

ESB is for "E. D. Sommerfeld Aluminium-Waren-Fabrik" in Berlin. They made different items from aluminum for sports and traveling like bicycle parts, lunch boxes and canteens too. So I think the shown canteen is civil dishes. This advertising I found:

0,5 L canteen question

I know what you mean. Same with the Lysva postwar made cups and helmets, which are offered as original WW2 items on Ebay by Bulgarians, Ukrainians.
    Yes, I agree with you. Also, canteens of "Bulgarian Afrika Korps" and so on, haha:

0,5 L canteen question
    0,5 L canteen question

After a little bit of searching, I found these information for you:

ESB is for "E. D. Sommerfeld Aluminium-Waren-Fabrik" in Berlin. They made different items from aluminum for sports and traveling like bicycle parts, lunch boxes and canteens too. So I think the shown canteen is civil dishes. This advertising I found:
    Thanks Wadim. I was looking for information on this canteen in many forums, but no one knows anything. This is a very mysterious canteen )!