Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?

Article about: here it is with my m42.

?

Default Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?

Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat? here it is with my m42.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a 10,5 cm round carrier for a U-boat?
    P
    Many

It is unlikely. I see no indication of this being from the navy (no "eagle M" stamp). I don't think the navy used this type of ammo carrier either. Even if it did have the Eagle M navy stamp it could just as easily be from a coastal emplacement or a surface ship. It is most likely from a land-based artillery piece. Nice helmet by the way.

?

It is navy, another member of the forum has one like this with a round aswell, used on early uboats and torpedo boats. Backstory is that its from one of the uboats captured at portsmouth. Also theres an eagle stamp with 3 letters under it. It spells, MoM the oM is hard to figure out put it def has an M on it. ALso ive seen pictures of the round carriers used on u-boats and theyre exactly the same as this one. Same stickers etc.

Yes Navy used and also used by Coastal Artillery units as well as on ships found quite a lot of these in Finland

If you know this why are you asking then?

?

Did I do good on this for 275. This one one of my first pricy military items i ever got.

Way to much money you can find these normally for 100 to 150 euros and sometime less ,As i put before alot were used for coastal Artillery units so alot can be found in Finland and Norway etc

I have to agree, you did over pay for its condition.

?

Darnet! I do admit I love the smell of the inside, smeels like oil and ocean. Wondering how the heck it could have gotten so badly battered up.

Wait 'til you're 70+ years old.........
    Regards,

Steve.