Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

10 line telephone exchange

Article about: Hi last blast from me............. A cable hanger ? for fixing the telephone cables off ground. These were I believe used to help fix cables from say tress etc to keep them off the ground. A

Default 10 line telephone exchange

Well, hopefully this post will work.....finally attempted to upload photos for myself without having to bother Ade, who has always done this for me (I hate computers). Ade has always obliged and never said no....thank you.

So, here's a few photos of a bog standard 10 line exchange that I have owned for a number of years. I have only just been able to get some pictures of it and you'll see why its just a touch better than the normal. It has a lovely little label attached indicating it belonged to Artillerie Reg 319, which was based here on the Island of Jersey during the German Occupation. This sort of little detail makes it all the more important to me as it just gives it a definite presence on the Island at that time. And no before anyone says anything the label was not made and glued in yesterday..... somethings are just right without question.

10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange10 line telephone exchange

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 line telephone exchange
    P
    Many

Default Re: 10 line telephone exchange

Very cool, thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I haven't seen another one of these before. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Ahh .......gotta love technology!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 line telephone exchange  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Kleines Klappenschrank zu 10 Leitungen. Do you know how to operate it? Probably still works. NH

lovely,ddu made by Richard Bosse & Co. Telegrafenbauanstalt/Handfeurwaffen-Teile, Berlin

Hi

Cracker that one ! If you hook up some field telephones it should still work just fine.

Doing a re-enactment we had one rigged up to the forward MG posts through woodland and it worked a treat.

I'll dig out some pics of mine, a comms equipment thread, that would make a nice thread if you are ok with me piggy backing your post ?

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,
    Yes I am sure mine will work but its normally on display in my museum... I just took it out to photograph it. And yes please carry on the thread with more picture...thats fine by me, thats what its all about.
    D.

This is a neat item! Rare to find something like this. I feel nothing no matter what it was from the TR period is insignificant. Just the phone calls alone of who were talking through it,,or the operator being nosey................or even the Gestapo,, listening in. Thanks for sharing this,,it is well kept! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here's a 1937 exchange also used here in Jersey. You'll notice English names on the white strip...that because the exchange was used by the British forces who took over the Island after the German had surrendered. Force 135 helped to clear the island of German and return the Island to its peaceful way of life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 line telephone exchange   10 line telephone exchange  

10 line telephone exchange   10 line telephone exchange  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast