Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 Luftwaffe Lamp

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked this up from an estate sale last weekend. The owner of the estate was from the Basque area of Spain before coming over to the us. For the price even if it was junk it would

Default 1936 Luftwaffe Lamp

Hi Guys,
    I picked this up from an estate sale last weekend. The owner of the estate was from the Basque area of Spain before coming over to the us.
    For the price even if it was junk it would make a good paperweight.

From what I have found this far is that it is a 1936 Luftwaffe field lamp for marking runways ( I may be wrong please correct me)

I have seen a couple of similar items online called, panzer lamps or bunker lamps.

I have been unable to find a model that even remotely resembles this out.

it has the fielde and wulf makers mark
    the bass date and # plate
    what looks to be like information on what it is and how much power it uses ect.

also the brass drop pin on the top is different from other examples

there is an eagle stamp with a240 on the side of the top screw off lid

the threads for the cap are good and it still contains acid.

looks like it was painted green at some point.

glass is pristine as is bulb

This looks rough but trust me It looks a lot better in person.

I am not going to mess with this or attempt to restore it. one thing I am going to do is drain the acid
    to avoid future damage from leaks.

So besides my shareing this with you my questions are

#1 what exactly was it used for

#2 Are these scarce? I cannot find any matching examples online,

Thanks in advance

1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Luftwaffe Lamp
    P
    Many

Heavy duty glass is crystal clear, no clouding, cracks or damage

Default more pics

1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp1936 Luftwaffe Lamp

Very heavy weighs about 9 pounds

MAP
    ?

Pretty cool. Especially if you could get it working again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

All the parts internally are very to really good. I may just try to. my luck Ill blow up my tool shed and I will come out looking like tge toxic avenger from the acid that got all over me. I will work with it at the firehouse where I have a vent hood and the right gear. I have seen to many people get hurt trying things like this

- - ------- - -

you wouldn't happen to have the instruction manual handy would you?

?

GeneralPutnam, Be careful....And keep in mind.... A General always protects his "Privates" first.... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Luftwaffe Lamp  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The acid is up to the correct fill lines.I aint the belle no belle of the ball but its not going to be worth it. I like the fact that I currently have my eye sight. If I mess with this to much my avatar might be a pic of stevie wonder or jose Feliciano

I have put out dozens of car fires and worked many accident scenes and its always interesting a day or two later when I do my gear inspection to see how many holes get eaten into my turnout gear. Because of smash, cracked or burned up car batteries.

Its next owner can play chemistry professor with it.

any of the Luftwaffe guys on here have any ideas on how scarce this model is and if there was perhaps a way I could attempt to get it working where could I get plans. I know when I bring this to the firehouse the guys will probably manage to mess it up rather then getting it working.

Not seen too often, but I did see one for sale in Nov of last year. I cannot now recall the price it made as it was at auction.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

C'mon, General! You only live once-light that baby up!

(Don't worry about it-it's just a runway landing field light! The "acid" is just an old rechargeable battery that, no doubt, has long ago ceased to be chargeable. Acid dies over time-think of your old car batteries-ever see one 70 years old that still worked? lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast