Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1939 German Feldfernsprecher

Article about: Hy Guys! I need help with my german 1939 made Feldfernsprecher. I would like it to use at my home as a secondary telephone. But first I would like to try if it's working or not. Here's what

?

Default 1939 German Feldfernsprecher

Hy Guys!

I need help with my german 1939 made Feldfernsprecher.

I would like it to use at my home as a secondary telephone. But first I would like to try if it's working or not.

Here's what I'm doing:
    1. I put a 1,5V battery in it

2. I connect a telephone wire to La and Lb/E. In this situation, I can hear in the receiver a continious sound, which means I got line. Now, I'm trying to phone it up with my mobile phone see if it's ringing. In my mobile I can hear a busy line on the other side. If i push the receiver's button, nothing happens, the line isn't quit.

3. I connect a telephone wire only to La. In this situation there is NO line, but when I'm trying to phone up the german fieldtelephone, it doesn't ringing, but in my mobile phone I can hear it's "ringing". If I connect the other telephone wire to Lb/E while it's "ringing" in my mobile, I can talk. Same situation about the wiring in Lb mode.

4. In test mode, when I rotating the crank, it rings

What I'm doing wrong??? How can make this telephone working? I don't want to phone up anybody with it, I just want to receive calls on it.

1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher1939 German Feldfernsprecher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 German Feldfernsprecher
    P
    Many

?

Still looking for the solution. Can't make it working Checked the wiring inside the telephone and inside the receiver, everything looks fine. Any help?

I don't understand what you are trying to do. I know how to connect field phones to switchboards and each other. I have not done any conversion like you are describing. Ringing into an FF33 requires a strong signal from the generator. NH

?

I only would like to use this FF33 as a secondary phone at home. I don't want to call up anybody with it, just receive calls on it like on a regular modern house telephone.

Phone must be defective, send it to me and I will check it out for you ;-)

?

I can ring it with the Test button, and I got a line sound when I connect it to a wall outlet. But when I depress the receivers button, the line isn't quit. Looked inside the receivers wiring, everything looks fine. It has connections everywhere.

If I were more technically inclined, I could help.
    Could be as simple as one wire.

We used to hook up old rotary phones in a
    buddies basement bedroom - he had 5
    or 6 telephones connected to the
    same line.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Got an information from a German Youtuber, that I will need a 4,5V battery not a 1,5V. I've just started to talk with him. Will se what happens next. I will post informations here, if I successfully made some progress.