Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.

Article about: Thought I would post some photos of a 20 Litre 'MIAG' produced fuel can, and dated 1943. This one surfaced in a local Army Disposal store here in Melbourne. Bob

Default 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.

Thought I would post some photos of a 20 Litre 'MIAG' produced fuel can, and dated 1943.

This one surfaced in a local Army Disposal store here in Melbourne.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.   1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.   1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.   1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.
    P
    Many

Hmmmm... 61 views and no comments, I guess fuel cans are not too exotic, so I will spice this one up with an old photo I did some time back,
    the MP 40 is a replica, but it goes well here in this photo, the 1940 dated fuel can photographed here is by ABP (Ambi-Budd Presswerk
    G.m.b.H. of Berlin - Johannistal.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

The MIAG is a nice one !!

What is curious is, that I can't see red paint under the blue/grey paint...... could you check that ??

Cheers
    Tom

(and I DO like those jerry cans.... got one (or more) from every year )

Hi Tom

Wow, that is a spectacular line up of fuel cans, and some lovely early examples too.

Re the blue grey ABP example, it is one that I had and traded off, and I have been offered it back again in trades so just at the moment I can't exactly check it,
    The offer is to trade the MIAG 1943 for the ABP 1940 can, but so far the person that is suggesting the trade hasn't surfaced...

Thanks for posting that great photo of your collection... !

Cheers,

Bob

I expect Tom is more able to answer this one, as he is the one with lots of cans, but would be ABP be more common than the MIAG one?

I guess if the MIAG is a rarer maker, I might hang on to it instead of the 1940 example. I know very little about them, and am happy
    to learn more about their history etc. I have just ordered the new book on them from 'Heimdal', so now waiting for the postman to arrive.

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

?

Love the variation of colors! Very nice can Bob!

MAP
    ?

Nice can there Bob,

I got to get myself one of these one day.....

Seems like I say that a lot whenever someone posts something I don't have yet...lol

But seriously, I love these. Just haven't picked one up yet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a few too Bob!

The MIAGs are unique in that in 1944 they dropped the full date and only stamped them '4'

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht is a good thread started by Carl88 and Fabe in Hungary has a good selection too.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.   1943 dated 20 Litre German fuel can ("Jerry Can") by MIAG.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    I guess if the MIAG is a rarer maker, I might hang on to it instead of the 1940 example. I know very little about them, and am happy
    to learn more about their history etc. I have just ordered the new book on them from 'Heimdal', so now waiting for the postman to arrive.

Best wishes

Bob
    Yes, hold onto it then I think. Interesting book, they write about anything nowadays!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast