Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1943 dated Steel mess kit

Article about: So, I am thinking about buying this kit perhaps. Would like some other opinions first off. Never seen this maker mark before? any information on it? Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks! app

Default 1943 dated Steel mess kit

So, I am thinking about buying this kit perhaps. Would like some other opinions first off. Never seen this maker mark before? any information on it?

Thanks! appreciate all the help guys

1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1943 dated Steel mess kit
    P
    Many

?

What does seller want for it? Are they supposed to be marked on bottom portion as well? Do you have pictures of bottom marking? Do they match? I am not huge expert on Mess Kits but have not seen that maker either in my collecting travels.
    Quote by 1stSSLSSAHTexas View Post
    So, I am thinking about buying this kit perhaps. Would like some other opinions first off. Never seen this maker mark before? any information on it?

Thanks! appreciate all the help guys

1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit1943 dated Steel mess kit
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The bottom is not marked and they want $125, not 100% sure if I am going to buy it or not, I may pass.

?

Looks like a nice piece with original paint. I would have the mess kit experts weigh in on the maker mark and non marked bottom. Good luck and hope it works out well for you.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Never seen this maker stamp before is there any stamps on the side fixings on the main body part

Bottom part has zero markings, only the top.

Hi

It's a nice wartime example allright.... and indeed a very strange marking !! never saw something like this before...

I have some doubts if the lower and upper parts belong together (it looks like the color of the 2 is somewhat different)

I know late war unmarked examples exist, but I assume these are late war (44 / 45) produced ones, but maybe 43 would also be possible

Is the red enamel the same on both parts ?? (also asking because the lower part looks a bit darker)

To be hones 125 sounds too hight, but then again, the marking is very interesting

Tom

Tom,

Thank you for your response!

I honestly don't know if the inside is enameled on the bottom as well, I noticed it was darker as well, I haven't seen this in person.

Bunkers prices can be a little too high for some items ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

too high.