Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

200 L Kraftstoff 1943

Article about: Hi all - call me crazy, but I'm actually thinking about getting this It's a 1943 dated 200 L gasoline barrel - not a very common item here in Hungary - all is original on it (most likely eve

?

Default 200 L Kraftstoff 1943

Hi all - call me crazy, but I'm actually thinking about getting this

It's a 1943 dated 200 L gasoline barrel - not a very common item here in Hungary - all is original on it (most likely even the white winter paint on the sides) exept one of the top lids was painted black (which I'd remove).

What is the current market value of one of these? It seems, I could get this for around 30 EU - shipping would probably cost another 30 EU, maybe less...

I'm very tempted to get this...but...?

200 L Kraftstoff 1943200 L Kraftstoff 1943200 L Kraftstoff 1943200 L Kraftstoff 1943200 L Kraftstoff 1943200 L Kraftstoff 1943

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 200 L Kraftstoff 1943
    P
    Many

I reckon it's a decent price

Go for it Fabe..why not ? ..its period authentic ..and collectables are not just limited to uniforms medals knives guns and tanks.

All have played a part and without the petrol barrels..the vehicles would not operate.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That'd make an awesome display piece. Craft a round seethrough table too on top of it and have a really neat table.

Just make sure its empty when you "strike" up a conversation
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Go for it. NH

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Just make sure its empty when you "strike" up a conversation
    :-D

?

question: what would you guys use to remove the black paint - maybe without totally destroying what was under it? did these have any factory paint job?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    question: what would you guys use to remove the black paint - maybe without totally destroying what was under it? did these have any factory paint job?
    The jerrycan book says only the first ones were painted - i guess the outside is zinc plated ( now weathered ). Maybe paint stripper will get rid of the paint without affecting the finish? I'd try some on a small area first.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Ok, I asked the seller - thankfully only one side is painted black - and it's not white paint on it - he used some rust remover liquid on it to remove some light rusting (I wish he didn't do that). I have 12 hours to decide if I buy it...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast