Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.

Article about: This is one of the nicest 3 colour camo gas mask cases I have seen for years. Such things are extremely rare over here. I actually have another one which is as nice but this one is named to

Default 3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.

This is one of the nicest 3 colour camo gas mask cases I have seen for years. Such things are extremely rare over here. I actually have another one which is as nice but this one is named to a chap named Rademacher, who was in the Luftwaffe in the Schwere Flak Transpbatt 61/VII ( fp 38344)which I think was stationed in Guernsey.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.   3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.  

3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.   3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.  

3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3 colour camo gas mask case from the Channel Islands.

Very Nice D it would appear from the photos as I can not see any brush strokes and the tell tale sighns of feathering that the camouflage was applied using a sprayer .

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 12-18-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Hi Mark,
    Yes your correct, the paint was applied with a sprayer for sure. Not being on the front line here in the Channel Islands they had the luxury of being able to utilise local garages and workshops to do such work. The Channel Islands had a 3 colour camo which although similar was not exactly the same as the Normandie 3 colour camo. What is evident from items found which are camo is that they were in the main all painted by the same man... its a bit like being able to spot painting by the same artist from the style of the work they produce. There are a number of 3 colour camo helmets still around on the Island which are by the same hand but I have anly seen 2 or 3 gas mask cases.
    I am really pleased to have got my hands on this one, it has the age and feel to it yet is still "bright" if that is the right word.
    All the best,
    D.

I like the subtle look to this one. Very nice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks good.