Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

5cm KwK spare parts box

Article about: Hello folks. It’s my understanding that this is a spare parts for a German 5cm cannon and the numbers at the bottom of the lid correspond to the casement that the cannon was emplaced? If t

Default 5cm KwK spare parts box

Hello folks. It’s my understanding that this is a spare parts for a German 5cm cannon and the numbers at the bottom of the lid correspond to the casement that the cannon was emplaced? If this is correct does anyone know where this one was?? Any info about this box will be greatly appreciated as I haven’t been able to find very much about it. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5cm KwK spare parts box   5cm KwK spare parts box  

5cm KwK spare parts box   5cm KwK spare parts box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 5cm KwK spare parts box
    P
    Many

If nobody on here can help you try here, but you'll need a translator.
    Connexion

Thanks gunny hopefully someone comes in with something. I know a few members are very well versed in the Atlantic Wall and everything involved with it so I hope they chime in. I clicked on the link you provided and I’m sure it will help me but looks like it will be a project in and if it’s self translating and navigating!! Haha. I appreciate the link perhaps I will have some time in the future to try it out

Hi

I think it’s a box for the 5cm KwK , which means KampfwagenKanone. The 5cm KwK 39 was used on the PzKpfw III

So to be honest i don’t think it has anything to do with a Atlantikwall Gun emplacement. The number is probably the serial nr on the gun.

Also it contained spare parts for the breech of the gun....

Too bad the paper is missing what exactly was inside, nevertheless an interesting box.

Probably there is a WaA stamp and a three letter maker mark somewhere on the side

Tom