Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.

Article about: Here we have a "spare" 60cm searchlight reflector in it's transit box. The dish has never been fitted to a searchlight and the data plate is blank where the number of the searchlig

Default 60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.

Here we have a "spare" 60cm searchlight reflector in it's transit box. The dish has never been fitted to a searchlight and the data plate is blank where the number of the searchlight would be stamped. I picked up this piece a number of years ago here in Jersey at a local auction. Today we would be very lucky to see such things come to light...ha ha. Most of this sort of kit has been discovered long ago. This dish must have cost a small fortune to produce during the war luckily I did not have to pay too much for it.
    If you would like to see more of my collection then go to Home

I am always looking for soldbuch and wehrpass as well as photo albums from German soldiers who were stationed in the Channel Islands (Kanalinseln), Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm during the German Occupation.

All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.   60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.  

60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.   60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.  

60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.   60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 60cm Search light reflector in it's transit box from Jersey Channel Islands.

The maker plate indicates it was made by "ela" Allgemeine Elektrizitate Gesellschaft, Elektrizitats A.- G., Fabrik Bodenbach, Bobenbach/Sudetenland.
    All the best from Jersey,
    Damien

Stephen Soler
    ?

Hey Damien, would like to ask you if you'd be willing to part with it. I'm currently restoring a German 60cm searchlight and the reflector is broken. cannot find anyone to remake me one.
    regards,
    Stephen

Very nice item !!!

Do you also have pictures of a complete setup ??

Tom

Hi Tom,
    There are only a couple of 60cm searchlights left here from the Occupation. One is in the Islands museum and has been heavily restored due to being totally rotten before it was slavaged and the other is in a poorish state as well. I picked up the searchlight dish and box from an auction here years and years ago.
    D

Thumbs up

Now that is certainly something you don't see every day.....many thanks for sharing the pics with us !