Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

64 marked Reinigungsgerät 34

Article about: Hello, gentlemen! I have gotten another Reinigungsgerät 34 and this one is marked "64" with a waffenamt to the side (I cant read the number) on the behalter. Pretty nice kit overal

Default 64 marked Reinigungsgerät 34

Hello, gentlemen! I have gotten another Reinigungsgerät 34 and this one is marked "64" with a waffenamt to the side (I cant read the number) on the behalter.
    Pretty nice kit overall. Thought I would share!

One question: The chain that came with this Reinigungsgerät 34 is smaller in every aspect compared to my others, why is that?
    Smaller beads, loop for the mops and even shorter! Any reason? late war? different caliber than 7.92?

P.S. - The top chain is the bigger one from another kit and the bottom (smaller chain) is from this "64" Reinigungsgerät 34 kit.

thanks!

64 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 3464 marked Reinigungsgerät 34

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 64 marked Reinigungsgerät 34
    P
    Many

?

Nice kit,the marking on it would be WaA20,the smaller chain is for the .22 caliber insert for the Mauser rifle....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

How common are .22 caliber chains? so this would make it a .22 caliber RG34? or just the chain was added to it?

As zwerge mentioned the stamping on the right side of the main lid would be a stick wing eagle WaA20. Like your cnx marked rg34 in another message thread this piece was also manufactured by G. Appel. The numeric 64 code was used by Appel circa late 1938 or early 1939 until early 1941. This was a transitional period for Appel and the 64 coded behalter can be encountered in both the early tinned configuration with brass closure clips OR in painted steel such as your example.

Your chain is indeed for the 5.56 kal. KKW or training rifles. These smaller components were made by Appel. Not only is the chain missing some of its length it is also without the small cylindrical weight that would have been at the terminating end. These 5.56 chains can be found with maker's marks on either the toggle body (aka: boss) or the aforementioned weight. Examples of these chains by Appel have been recorded with the markings G. APPEL, G. Appel, 64, cnx, and CNX. I would suspect that your section of damaged chain was added to the kit at some point.

Would not classify the 5.56 chains as rare but they are certainly far less common than the "normal" issue components. My thoughts only ....