Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice for a German fat container, please.

Article about: Hi guys I'm thinking of purchasing this fat container & wondered if you would consider this to be WW2 or Post-1945 ? It has two markings, one on the inside of lid & the other on the

Default Advice for a German fat container, please.

Hi guys I'm thinking of purchasing this fat container & wondered if you would consider this to be WW2 or Post-1945 ? It has two markings, one on the inside of lid & the other on the base of container (both the same) looking at the forum it would appear it was made by Gaudlitz und Kaiser, Koburg & the K would signify 'Harnstoffharz mit organischem Füllstoff' (Urea resin with an organic filler), not bakelite ? The seller says it opens in a 1/4 turn too. Also I've noticed that some containers have a thin thread, others have a thick thread, does this determine an earlier/later model, I've noticed that the thicker threaded versions the seem to lack the lower vertical 'grips', just wondered if this is a case of production, being simplified as the war went on ?
    Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice for a German fat container, please.   Advice for a German fat container, please.  

Advice for a German fat container, please.   Advice for a German fat container, please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice for a German fat container, please.
    P
    Many

Appears to be a WWII era dish. NH

?

WW2 fat containers only require a quarter turn to open.....post war ones screw down a few times before they are sealed

- - ------- - -

Sorry I didn't see you already knew that

Thankyou guys. not a problem that the material is not bakelite then ? Just wondered if it's something that possible fakers ( with regard to markings) have got wrong ie. a makers mark with the wrong details on ? Can't seem to put anything past people these days.
    Paul

?

are black containers from ww2 ?

Yes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi all,
    if you can help, this is a WW2 fat container in black bakelite; actually only require a quarter turn to open.

Cheers
    Roberto

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice for a German fat container, please.   Advice for a German fat container, please.  

Looks fine. NH

I've read that some of the manafacturer's marks were carried on post-war, so I'm supposing that provided the 'dish' is made of bakelite & opens in a 1/4 turn, it is pre '45 manafacture. I'm not to sure if there is a Mk1 or Mk2 version, which could possibly explain the the 2 types of thread & the difference in 'notches' on the lid & base ?

?

They also came in a range of bright colours....orange and yellow, and a bone colour

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast