Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W

Article about: Picked up this really nice brown pouch recently. Great condition, firm leather and nicely marked. I've done some reading and searches and cannot yet locate what exactly the maker abbreviatio

?

Default Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W

Picked up this really nice brown pouch recently. Great condition, firm leather and nicely marked. I've done some reading and searches and cannot yet locate what exactly the maker abbreviation S.A.W stands for...any insight would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W   Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W  

Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W   Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W
    P
    Many

Quite possibly Salewa Lederwarrenfabrick Munich they were a TR belt maker and quite possibly produced pouches as well no or unknown code was listed for them. Nice pouch could have LBA luft stamp in ink inside I have a brown pair like that that does but I have another brown one dated 42 that does not. timothy

very nice

Luftwaffe.

?

Thanks for the info guys, no LBA marking but condition is nice

I like these pouches!

I read the Luftwaffe pouches were chocolate brown in colour. Is this dark medium brown colour the meaning of chocolate? (I thought they would be a LOT darker.)

Also, were the enlisted waistbelts ahve been this colour? Most repros are a light tan or even natural, and the few originals that I have seen are very dark which I attribute to age and oiling.

Thanks for showing the pouches!
    Patrick

?

Hi Patrick,
    I'm fairly new here and just learning myself. Here are a few to show the variety, and that's what makes these, like all militaria collecting, so interesting: top 1935, middle 1943 Kriegsmarine, and the 1942 Luft. All very different!
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ammo Pouch - 1942 S.A.W  

I have one 98 K pouch that is natural on the reverse, and black on the front, I assume that it is an early one in natural and then was painted black to "update" it. You Luft in color look about the same color as the aged 1935 model.

Thanks for the nice comparison. If I have a working camera I will show the natural and black pouch Monday, even though it is hardly a rare or special item.
    Patrick