Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any chance this watch is good??

Article about: Long shot I know, But its always worth it to check.

?

Default Any chance this watch is good??

Long shot I know, But its always worth it to check.Any chance this watch is good??Any chance this watch is good??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any chance this watch is good??
    P
    Many

It is an old watch but I see no connection to the German military.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

So you think the u-flotilla "lohs" on the face was added later? I would expect to see KM stamped somewhere on the case...

Definitely added. The marking is total fantasy.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Emblem of the "Third Flotilla" operated from Kiel until Oct. 41' then moved to La Pallice / La Rochelle..
    As to authenticity it is for others to add to this thread... A picture of the back cover may be helpful as well in determining the validity of this item... Just my two cents... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Any chance this watch is good?? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

No chance at all that the dial ornamentation is period. The watch, itself, looks fine, but the newly added dial decals have ruined it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No chance at all that the dial ornamentation is period. The watch, itself, looks fine, but the newly added dial decals have ruined it.
    I agree.

The 38 calibre Junghans was indeed pin set as shown in the photo, so the movement appears correct and dates to the late 20s/1930 or thereabouts. A nice watch that needs it period dial and winding crown put back.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Junghans never made watches for the military but can't remember where.

Tony

?

I think some one has ballsed up what would have been a nice watch

This kind of junk is all over the internet... although there seems to be many perfectly legitimate Junghans military watches out there, who's military it's hard to tell, German, French, British? And the name seems to sometimes be associated with the Luftwaffe issue Laco and similar watches that are quite out of most casual collectors price range...

As far as the "watches" having no military connections, I'm not 100% sure, but it's pretty hard to refute that their clocks graced the instrument panel of many if not practically all of the Luftwaffe aircraft.

Any chance this watch is good??

Pic is taken from a current listing on eBay UK.

Boxed WW2 German Junghans Luftwaffe Borduhr Bo UK 1 FL 23885 V 5 Cockpit Clock | eBay

?

Yes there's no doubting Junghans were used in aeroplanes and I believe they also made service stop watches.

Perhaps I should have been clearer by saying I read somewhere a long time ago that Junghans didn't receive a contract to supply military issue wristwatches with issue stamps. There are indeed plenty of military type watches around without military issue stamps.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast