Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?

Article about: Hello all, this unknown tray came with a bunch of tinnies in it and I haven't been able to find what its original purpose was. It is unmarked and measures 7 1/4" long, 4 13/16" wid

Default Any ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?

Hello all, this unknown tray came with a bunch of tinnies in it and I haven't been able to find what its original purpose was. It is unmarked and measures 7 1/4" long, 4 13/16" wide and 1 1/8" deep. I assume it came out of a larger box or kit. Any ideas? Thank you for looking. MikeAny ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?Any ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?Any ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any ideas about what this German Bakelite Tray was used for?
    P
    Many

Looks like a desk organiser .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Any reason to assume that it is of militery origin?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Without a MPA mark there isn't any guarantee its German.

Thank you for the help. I was hoping it was from a larger kit of some sort. Being unmarked makes it really hard to figure out what it is. The bakelite looks just like German field phone cases or lanterns I have seen. Best regards, Mike

Quote by bbmilitaria View Post
    Thank you for the help. I was hoping it was from a larger kit of some sort. Being unmarked makes it really hard to figure out what it is. The bakelite looks just like German field phone cases or lanterns I have seen. Best regards, Mike
    Always worth a punt if there is any association to militaria I suppose but Bakelite is kind of well, Bakelite really

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."