Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an artillery rucksack?

Article about: Hello guys, this rucksack is being offered for 50 euros and seller says it's an artillery WWII made. I have been advised by a third party that it is assembled post war using original parts a

Default Is this an artillery rucksack?

Hello guys, this rucksack is being offered for 50 euros and seller says it's an artillery WWII made. I have been advised by a third party that it is assembled post war using original parts and not an army issued piece.
    Who is right and who is wrong? I would like to get your feedback on this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an artillery rucksack?   Is this an artillery rucksack?  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an artillery rucksack?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this an artillery rucksack?

Does not look like an original artillery ruck sack to me. There should not be pockets and back straps look bad so does the clips on the rucksack.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Does not look like an original artillery ruck sack to me. There should not be pockets and back straps look bad so does the clips on the rucksack.
    Hello Franz and thanks for your reply. Does it look like another branch's sack or is it a frankestein?

Hello,
    Considering its features, there is a good chance that this "Rucsack" has been made postwar. It is an original item of course, not a fake, but made postwar with german army equipments leftovers...
    The genuine artillery Rucksack has no front pocket.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Considering its features, there is a good chance that this "Rucsack" has been made postwar. It is an original item of course, not a fake, but made postwar with german army equipments leftovers...
    The genuine artillery Rucksack has no front pocket.
    Thanks
    Thanks Philip, do you have one to post?

Hi Donkihotis
    This is an Artillerie Rucksack with its straps mounted for attaching the Zeltbahn,in the first four pics.The other one is one with the straps removed,do not know when or why this happened.Both are bought from Hamburg.Both have RBNR's and are genuine.To my mind this how an artillerie backpack should look.Also a good source is Augustin Saiz DIE DEUTCSHE SOLDATEN book,has some errors though...Of course those errors are always marked by people who would never try to pick a pencil up and write someting themselves...
    Notis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an artillery rucksack?   Is this an artillery rucksack?  

Is this an artillery rucksack?   Is this an artillery rucksack?  

Is this an artillery rucksack?   Is this an artillery rucksack?  

Is this an artillery rucksack?  

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Hi Donkihotis
    This is an Artillerie Rucksack with its straps mounted for attaching the Zeltbahn,in the first four pics.The other one is one with the straps removed,do not know when or why this happened.Both are bought from Hamburg.Both have RBNR's and are genuine.To my mind this how an artillerie backpack should look.Also a good source is Augustin Saiz DIE DEUTCSHE SOLDATEN book,has some errors though...Of course those errors are always marked by people who would never try to pick a pencil up and write someting themselves...
    Notis
    Hello Notis. Thanks for your post. It's nice to have an example for comparison purposes