Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

Article about: Hi All, Just a quick question - I'm mostly just curious about this; but was there ever such a "hand-painted" camo (looks like 'autumn forest) on gasmaks cans like this? Or this is

?

Default "Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

Hi All,

Just a quick question - I'm mostly just curious about this; but was there ever such a "hand-painted" camo (looks like 'autumn forest) on gasmaks cans like this?

Or this is total fantasy? I did see camo sprayed on before, not like this with a brush...but then again, I've been only collecting in the last 3 years.

THX!
    Fabe

"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?
    P
    Many

Defintely a good original mask Fabe missing straps cammo one are a minefield most are tropical tan or the so called Normandy I see. timothy

Interesting Fabe..... the paint was done with the catch opened ( none on it ) and the wear on the bails and the ribs does not look contrived to me and the whole thing has some age to it. You might be in luck and have a good one there - pity the name has been scratched off the label.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

THX for the reactions...
    I realize, that this camo is 50/50 - althou' I kind of like it...
    I made an offer of 90 EU (gasmask + spring + short hook strap + spare lens - 'just saw that it has a pair of them - probably worth almost that amount) and the seller agreed to it...

"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

?

Btw., I did check the seller's other items - see if he's selling any huge fake items - but all his items are legit, original pieces, for reasonable prices I'd say...

Some of his other stuff for sale:
    "Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

?

Ok Guys, I'm getting this thread active again...I had this can for a while, kind of like a "black sheep" of my can collection Since, it has camo paint (which is always a big ?) and a repair, I didn't even bother to get straps for it, but I want to see what you guys think.
    Please see the first post of this thread for pics - and I just made some more...

Possible good news:

- the camo paint is not on rusted parts - there are always green factory paint under them, as far as I can see it - I checked under a huge spot-lamp
    - the mask (1944 dated) is like new, great condition
    - it has a short hook strap, but that one is not in the best condition - so if I ever get straps for this, will be a set...

Possible bad news:

- the camo might be fake after all...eve thou' I do really like it.
    - it has a small repair (welding) see additional pics.

If the paint would turn out ok, I will convince myself somehow that this is a "field-repair"
    The name is scratched out, maybe it was an SS can? (the camo matches some SS camo color patters)

More pics:

camo paint:
    "Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

the welded repair:
    "Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?"Autumn forest" camo on a gasmask can?

Cheers,
    Fabe
    Last edited by Fabe; 12-19-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Like you said, it's always a big ????

But for that price you can't go wrong...... if it is real, it's a bargain, if it's not..... well, no man overboard !!

Anyway, I must say the paint looks "convincing", the loops for the stars are clean, which is a good sign

I think it is a good buy !

Tom

I just glanced at the thread title and thought it read "Autumn Fest" camo.
    I wasn't quite sure what to expect.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast