Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

B-Uhr watch?

Article about: Hi guys, Just a question about this watch. Ive always wanted one of these and an opportunity has arisen to purchase one. However, after looking through the photos provided, i just had a few

Default B-Uhr watch?

Hi guys,
    Just a question about this watch. Ive always wanted one of these and an opportunity has arisen to purchase one. However, after looking through the photos provided, i just had a few questions about it that i couldn't really find the answers to. Is it normal that the information on the back of the back plate is stamped on instead of pressed into the metal and also who is the manufacturer L. G. Wien and why is it not Lange and Son as is engraved on the movement?
    Regards

Michael

B-Uhr watch?B-Uhr watch?B-Uhr watch?B-Uhr watch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement B-Uhr watch?
    P
    Many

too many variables to be putting a large amount of money into something you have initial doubts on - 1st gut feeling is always the right feeling - if it's cheap walk away - if you have doubts - walk away - unless it was coming from someone who knows all about them and can give rock solid provenance - walk away
    Just my tuppence worth

?

From what I have read in the past lange & sohne where unable to keep up with the demand for the watches, so the parts where shipped out to other companies for assembly, which would explain the Hersteller being Wien. As for the back plate check with the seller, it could well be engraved. I would post it on a watch forum though before buying, they would have greater knowledge of these watches.

Agree. Military watch forum is good, or German military watch forum

the watch looks fine to me.

One company made the special case and dial and the other company made the movement. I see nothing unusual or wrong with this watch.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."