Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Backpack help...........

Article about: Hi everyone, I purchased this backpack at a local flea market, I was wondering if anyone can help me identify it. There is a hunger, "39," faded on the flap on the outside. Then on

Default Backpack help...........

Hi everyone, I purchased this backpack at a local flea market, I was wondering if anyone can help me identify it. There is a hunger, "39," faded on the flap on the outside. Then on the inside of the same flap, faded in black, I can't make any of it out, except 2 swords crossed. Any ideas on what it could say? Or who would have carried a pack like this? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Backpack help...........   Backpack help...........  

Backpack help...........   Backpack help...........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Backpack help...........
    P
    Many

I believe it could be an Italian Rucksack...(?)
    cheers, Glenn

Photos are not that good but at first glance I thought it was a Czech pack. It appears to be an M60 Czech Rucksack. They are cheap and pretty plentiful. NH

Backpack help...........

Glenn, I beg to differ - looks Czech. These are on sale all over the place including Militaryclothing.com They retail around $15 to $30 at several sites. NH

Thanks, Friend! Much Appreciated...
    cheers, Glenn

Sure thing Glenn! The straps are a clear indicator of Czech manufacture. Sometimes you see them pulled off and used to make fake German webbing. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Sure thing Glenn! The straps are a clear indicator of Czech manufacture. Sometimes you see them pulled off and used to make fake German webbing. NH
    I can see why, the metal-tabs are practically identical to the type seen on German Canvas Straps...Thanks for the Heads-Up on these Surplus Items, Neil...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks everyone, i didn't actually realize how crappy the picsn were thanks guys.