Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" - a good reproduction?

Article about: Good Day, I bought this about 10 years ago on E-bay, to display with a Shoei FG42 replica. It was touted as an original piece. I've since come to suspect that its too "clean" to be

Default Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" - a good reproduction?

Good Day,
    I bought this about 10 years ago on E-bay, to display with a Shoei FG42 replica. It was touted as an original piece.
    I've since come to suspect that its too "clean" to be authentic. The quality is extremely good. Can anyone comment on its likely origin and worth? I am certainly no expert!
    Thanks in advance,

Derek.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum! Are there any pictures of your item?

Hello Lizardking, I can't seem to puzzle out how to attach the photo's. I'm not very good with computers! I shall keep trying.
    Derek.

CBH
    ?

There are a few threads with hints for photo uploading . Welcome to the Forum !

Herewith the photo's (hopefully!).Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?Bandoleer, FG42 sold as "original" -  a good reproduction?

It looks like one of the hoard found in Holland in the mid 60's. They were found in blue, tan and camo. For years, they were to be found at every gun show for $15. Time has swallowed them all up and the price has really risen.
    Along with the bandoleers were thousands of unissued Luftwaffe M43 caps and some unissued other ranks flieger blouses with attached collar tabs in every branch piping except white.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Bob, thanks for your most interesting reply! So it seems that it is likely a genuine article after all, but one that was never issued. That would explain its clean, unworn state. Where could one get more info. on the hoard found in Holland? I'd really like to find out a bit more about its possible history.
    Thanks again,
    Derek.

Hi Derek-
    I do not know of any recorded account of the discovery of the caps, tunics and bandoleers. It was 50 years ago and at the time, there was so much material available, no one paid attention to commiting finds to writing. Todfay, they are memories engrained in the minds of us who were there at the time. I do recall that all of the items were advertised for sale in periodicals such as Shotgun News. Evidently, there was also an offering to dealers as many had these items for sale at the time.
    BOB

Hi Bob,
    That's providence enough for me, personally, - and much appreciated. I have no intention of parting with the bandoleer, so I only needed clarity for my own satisfaction. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
    All the best,

Derek.

Quote by Derek Barnes View Post
    Hi Bob,
    That's providence enough for me, personally, - and much appreciated. I have no intention of parting with the bandoleer, so I only needed clarity for my own satisfaction. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
    All the best,

Derek.
    Thanks Derek-
    That is why Ade keeps a few of us old coots around!
    BOB