Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Beh Bionoculars

Article about: I was led to believe that the BEH 7X50 binoculars were made in two versions. The ones used on board ships had a 'cannister' mounted on both back plates. The cannister carried dessicant gel (

Default Re: Beh Bionoculars

I was led to believe that the BEH 7X50 binoculars were made in two versions. The ones used on board ships had a 'cannister' mounted on both back plates. The cannister carried dessicant gel (I think). They were also rubber armoured. The ones without the cannisters and rubber armour (so I have been told) were for use on land.

The value depends very much on what the person selling them claims they are. If they are being sold as U Boat binoculars they can sell for £900 or more. If they are sold as Kriegsmarine they are usually around the £400 mark if the optics are good. I do have a set with the cannisters and the rubber armour. But unfortunately the pictures are on my other computer. I will try to post them tomorrow for comparison.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beh Bionoculars
    P
    Many

Here are the pictures of my beh binoculars. Although mine are not marked as 'kriegsmarine' and they do not have the eagle stamp, they are definately wartime issue (1943) and they are for use on board surface vessels and submarines. The optics on these are almost faultless.

Beh BionocularsBeh BionocularsBeh BionocularsBeh Bionoculars

Notice also how the back plates are held in place. There is a threaded ring instead of just dome headed screws. This is to make the binoculars watertight.

yes there are two types of porro 2 beh,the first type as you say without dessicant cartridges and the second with,both were issued to the navy hence on the first type you see the eagle over the M, only the kriegsmarine ever marked their binoculars in such a way ,normal military ones are marked dienstglas ( service glass) the second as you know were only marked beh and 7x50,as you say the going value really is around 400

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2