Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?

Article about: Hello everyone! I hope everyone has been well. I've been working hard to find all the curious finds I can since my last post. Currently I'm working on two helmets which will see a post a lit

Default Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has been well. I've been working hard to find all the curious finds I can since my last post. Currently I'm working on two helmets which will see a post a little later. Today however I have a question about a kit thats being offered. Price is $200. I'm very tempted however aside from obvious fakes, I'm useless when it comes to determining the authenticity of an item. Do you folks have any thoughts? Many thanks as always and I will look forward to sharing the helmets with you should all go as planned! Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?

I only have two images from the ad however I hope these can give a basic idea for better eyes than mine!

- - ------- - -

Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?

Here is the second image!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?
    P
    Many

Looks OK so far.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just wanted to post an update on these items! I picked them up yesterday and am very pleased. The bag is dated 1942, Mess Kit is dated 1937 and the belt is dated 1942. I was told they were bought at an "antique market" some years back. I was also told the $$$ I gave for the combination paid for a new fishing pole. To each his own I guess.

Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?  

?

Looks like a Lufty bread bag.Buckle have a leather tab? What size is the belt? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

200 was quite fair. I would be interested in more photos. Check the mess tin area around the handle for another date on the hardware. Back photo of the buckle will help identify manufacturer. NH

Rich, you are spot on, the bag is a Lufty. The belt is marked 85. Fits with a little room around the outside of my belt which is a 32. There is some writing, presumably who made the buckle, on the backside of the buckle once I took it off, however as of right now its illegible aside from a few parts of letters.Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?

Neil, I actually haggled with the guy at settled for $115. He had it at $200 for some time and dropped it to $145 a week or so ago. I think he was just frustrated with people offering him $30 and some takeaway coupons. Fair offers are hard to get on there. I sent him a message and made a deal. I spent about $40 for gas so, in the end, I got close to the $200, but I'm very pleased! So often the things I come across are either sold or the seller doesn't respond, however, sometimes I get lucky as we all do every now and then in our hobby. Best wishes!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt, Bread Bag & Mess Kit Set; Worth it?  

To answer your question then - good deal. All told, this would probably be in the 350 to 400 range. Someone may be able to ID the steel buckle but a closer photo of the manufacturer's mark would help. Just noticed it appears you also have an original leather equipment strap to boot. NH

?

I like the new price better. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

The buckle is fine, made by Bruder Schneider, Wein or Julius Kremp Belt is also original
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast