Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

binocs

Article about: i was give a whole collection of stuff and finally have taken pics of it all. in the collection were these binoculars. Could some one please id them for me, i think all of the stuff in the c

Default binocs

i was give a whole collection of stuff and finally have taken pics of it all. in the collection were these binoculars. Could some one please id them for me, i think all of the stuff in the collection belonged to a wehrmacht soldier. there is writing in pencil on top of case but can not make it out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture binocs   binocs  

binocs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement binocs
    P
    Many

Default Re: binocs

Hello,
    Binoculars themselves are WWII german military made by cag : Swarovski Glasfabrik (Tyrol). Concerning the case, it looks like an early one, some features differ from early cases i've seen so far : different closure tab, different system for the carrying strap. Perhaps could post some additional photos of the carrier, back, inside..etc...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

will try to get to that, thanx

Hello,
    if you want to purchase the set or binos only, regarding the price asked, don't forget that binos are not complete. they're missing all accessories like the carrying strap, the buttonable tab and the rain cover....so don't pay too much...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

no, no purchase, i have them, just didnt know anything about them

of course value woud if i could find all accesories?
    How rare are those pieces?

?

what is the rain cover look like. I have 2 hard oval type covers that covers both eyecups,is this a raincover ?dust cover ? thanks in advance

Hi, really nice binoculars
    congrats.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Hello,
    Those accessories are not rare.
    The carrying strap and leather tab are the most affordable, but the rain guard can be expensive...you can find them in leather, bakelite or rubber.

nvvet : for you to compare with yours, here's one photo that shows the rubber rain guard and leather strap.
    The other photo shows the buttonable leather tab (and another carrying strap).
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture binocs   binocs  

In Memoriam :

?

JP,I have 1 bakelite and 1 leather rainguard and 3 leather straps,photos helped thanks.