Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !

Article about: Hi Friday off work, everyone out of the house............................. I decided to try to get my field telephones working ! The main aim of this is to show the kids that there was life

Default Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !

Hi

Friday off work, everyone out of the house.............................

I decided to try to get my field telephones working !

The main aim of this is to show the kids that there was life before computers, I phones and wireless. I reckon the best way to do this was with something that was practical and demonstrated to them how things with wires worked in the old days, or in a lot of our cases yesterday !

Anyway I digress because the other result was that I came up with pictures of telephone kit to share on the forum.

I conected up the phones and got them working fine then added the desk telephone attachment on one and the throat mike and earpiece on the other..................even used the original Army manual to check the wiring.......................boy am I an anorak !

Top day off work really. Hope you like the kit.

cheers

Tony

Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !

Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !
    P
    Many

Great stuff Tony!

I love days off like that!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A cool way to kill some time!...

?

Nice set up there.. & like Nick says nothing better than messing about in the War Room.....with ale/beer.. Cheers Terry.

Did you try calling the fuehrer bunker? I'm sure the line was no longer in service.

Good use of a day off! You get much more accomplished than I do, that's for sure.

My knowledge is limited on commo equipment but that display is darn good! timothy

That's really cool. So did you spend the rest of the day wearing that m43 and headset screaming "We need fire support!" at the top of your lungs or did you hook the phone up to the wall and asked the operator to plug you through to Berlin?

part of why i want another ww1 german trench phone always wanted to make a call lol

Nicely done! I am a field phone collector too with operational equipment. Here is a photo from Reading WWII Weekend with on operational switchboard. Our Funker Abfrager has just connected me with another group in the Axis display area. We have connected operating field phones in the field for re-enacting up to 1/2 mile. NH

Blimey, there's a Funker in my Bunker !