Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Book Announcement (for Equipments fanatics....)

Article about: WOW congratulations - getting one for sure !

WOW congratulations - getting one for sure !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book Announcement (for Equipments fanatics....)
    P
    Many

Smile

I have pre-ordered. The individual articles in 'Armes & Militaria' ( now just 'Militaria' ) magazine have been an absolutely invaluable resource for me and I'm looking forward to having the information handy in book format.......

Hello Gentlemen,
    Just to let you know, some items seen in the book come from contributors who are members or moderators on our forum, which increase the pleasure to present this work to you...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello Gentlemen,
    Apparently the book is now out and to be honest i'm not very satisfied with the result.
    It is not what i was expecting due to too many mistakes made by the publishing house and the designer...if i put aside the choice of this size for the book (chosen by the publishing house), size that amazed me for such a matter, what they have done with my work and time makes me upset.

The Zeltbahn part, my favourite, the one i have worked for the most, is just f..... up.
    If i put aside the photos deleted for lack of room, then in page 68, instead of showing the two sides of a standard dark/bright Zeltbahn, they show both bright sides from a middle war Zelt...page 69 they forgot to publish the caption for the tremendous mismatched Zelt...on the pre-book/sample I have worked on for the corrections, everything was correct, but on the final result it's not....it's very frustating

And the translator also made his bunch of mistakes....for instance, page 13, column of right, he forgot the most important word of the sentence, he wrote :

Starting in April 1943, the bread bag was only issued to......

INSTEAD OF :

Starting in April 1943, the bread bag STRAP was only issued to......

The sentence is in a chapter that has “The carrying strap” for title and he forgot the word “strap”...it makes me sick...

page 73 of the english version : they show a 1943 dated marking with a caption saying that it is a 1942 marking...i made the correction but they changed it in the french version only...

and what to say about the belt loop of the breadbag on the left at the bottom of page 17, my advice to the guy whose name is at page 82 after the title design & layout : get a new drug dealer man...your parkinson is getting worse...

and the photos badly “framed”...too high or too low...

It's always the same story, for FELDBLUSE, Laurent and i planned to show all Waffenfarben via the Litzen published page 41, but as there was not enough room available, the publisher decided to remove some and finally they inverted greens.....like mountain troops in the caption with Panzergrenadier color, or artillery in the caption with light brown color instead of bright red...all the readers just think that you really dont know of what you're talking about and all you get from the publisher is “we're sorry”....the book has been published in polish around 2010 or 2011 and do you think they told me something before doing it ?
    No they didn't so i could not make corrections...one day i received a copy of FELDBLUSE in polish and that's all folks, like in the cartoons of my childhood...

Ok I stop otherwise i'm going to be crude but i would have more to say...

That's all folks....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

That is MOST disappointing JP!!!! When they send a proof copy, SURELY the intention is to proof not only the text, but the layout & translation - why do they cobble a fine work like that ....grrrr.

I am still waiting for my copy ( seemingly Amazon must be shipping it by yak over the Himalayas ) but I will make the corrections as you have pointed out.

Regards, Dan
    Last edited by Danmark; 03-09-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: mixed up my members initials - d'oh!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Me too if yours are by Yak mine is by turtle here in the states have had a copy preordered since September 13. Thanks JP for the heads up. timothy

I feel your pain !!

I received my copy yesterday.... and I must say, I do like it...... (besides the mistakes the publisher made of course)

Indeed, I was going to ask you who messed up the photo of the belt loop on page 17, incredible that such mistakes go unseen by the publisher....

Understandable that you are very pissed.

So, besides the mistakes which obviously is not your fault, I want to thank you for the effort made... and maybe a 2nd edition will be the one without the mistakes....

Tom

Hello J-P,

You could maybe ask them to place an erratum in the book?

Regards
    Ron

Hello Ron, Welcome to the forum!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks lebus12.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast