Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Breadbags?

Article about: Hello I've been watching this forum for a long time now, and I must say it's a very good and informative place. I never collected german stuff specifically, but now I just bought a big box w

BMF
    ?

Default Breadbags?

Hello

I've been watching this forum for a long time now, and I must say it's a very good and informative place. I never collected german stuff specifically, but now I just bought a big box with lots of german stuff in it. Now I need your opinion on three breadbags. The green one I figure is a ww2 model, and I think the grey one is ww1 german? It has two compartments inside, the buttons inside have three holes, while the remaining button on the beltloop has four holes. It has a stamp wich looks like it's dated 1916 or 18. There's also a stamp on the back of the belthook strap, but it's totally unreadable. Then there's the brownish bag. I haven't found pics. of anything similar. It looks like the grey bag except it has two belthooks and no loops. It has a round stamp that probably reads: 2 lnž b 36. Maybe some east european country? The leather on all three is very dry. Any advice what to do? Is it best to just leave alone?

Breadbags?Breadbags?Breadbags?Breadbags?Breadbags?Breadbags?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Breadbags?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Breadbags?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I would agree with your conclusions.

Best to leave the leather alone.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Breadbags?

The brownish bag is probably attributed to the Afrika troops although in 1941 they changed over to all canvas with no leather loops etc.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"