Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Breadbags

Article about: This is my first post on this nice forum Mostly I Collect fieldgear and bayonets, and this is some breadbags in my collection. What do you think of these?

?

Default Breadbags

This is my first post on this nice forum Mostly I Collect fieldgear and bayonets, and this is some breadbags in my collection. What do you think of these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breadbags  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Breadbags
    P
    Many

Default Welcome to WRF

Hello agv,
    first of all, welcome aboard....I hope that you'll enjoy this forum
    thank you for posting your collection here...
    these are nice wartime breadbags, two early war, one middle war made of what looks like ersatz cloth on the pics. Any markings on the bags ?
    (replaced buttons on the early war on the left ?)
    Why don't you post more thing of your stuff....don't hesitate to flood us under a huge amount of detailed pics....we love it...
    thanks again

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Default Re: Breadbags

Thanks a lot You are absolutly right. Two early one, and one of them have replaced buttons. The last one with ersatz cloth have two faint ink stamps. I belive it is made in 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breadbags   Breadbags  

Breadbags   Breadbags  

Breadbags  

?

The early one in the middle also have an faint ink stamp. Look like " HOLLE HAMEL 1940"?? Very nice condition one this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breadbags   Breadbags  

Breadbags   Breadbags  

they're both unissued, nice...
    For the first one, i woud say that all marking starting with a 4 is not necessarily a date (would be the first time ever i see a date stamped here, but who knows...?). Although its features leads me to think it's about a 1943/44 production. what a thick cloth.....for the second one, i bet for 1941...
    thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 10-18-2008 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)