Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BVX 1940 Field Telephone

Article about: hey guys, looking into getting my very first bakelite field-telephone - I don't have too much knowledge on this subject yet - but since this one here looks sort of ok to me, thinking about b

?

Default BVX 1940 Field Telephone

hey guys,

looking into getting my very first bakelite field-telephone - I don't have too much knowledge on this subject yet - but since this one here looks sort of ok to me, thinking about biding...

it's a 1940 made - manufac.num: 33040 BVX 1940 - looks like it has the original battery(?)

(of course no strappings)

does this look OK and 100% complete?

what would be the current market value?

much THX!
    Fabe

BVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field TelephoneBVX 1940 Field Telephone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BVX 1940 Field Telephone
    P
    Many

Nice rig Fabe - they bring about $200 over here and I had one years back and would like another but the cost of shipping to Australia is crazy.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks like a nice one.....

They are pretty cheap over here... bought all mine for less the 50 euro (exept the sand coloured one which was 75 )

Could be an original battery... the hardware checks out, do you have more pictures ?? (original batteries are worth more then the entire phone.... ! and original straps too.....

and if you put in a 4,5 V flat battery and connect it to another one it probably still works....

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

?

THX Guys, no, only these pics...if I do bid, I could possibly get it for around 60 EU, but who knows...there is 20 hours left...

Well for 60 it could be worth while.... of course it's a guess if the battery is original..... but if it is, it's a bargain....

Be carefull when buying straps for it... there are many fakes / post war straps on the market

Tom

?

I'm tempted...
    no plans for starps - first, I still have to get straps from you for my sand-painted gasmask can (I didn't forget, just won too many bids in the last few weeks)

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Well for 60 it could be worth while.... of course it's a guess if the battery is original..... but if it is, it's a bargain....

Be carefull when buying straps for it... there are many fakes / post war straps on the market

Tom

No problem... I have them here for you, whenever your ready

I have a beatifull set of Mix & Genest 1939 straps for a field phone, so I'm on the lookout fr a mint 39 dated Mix & Genest phone

If I have some time tomorrow I'll make some pics of the straps...

Tom

These phones do not require 4.5 volt batteries. They used 1.5 volt batteries - the chemical type. The battery looks OK to me - and it is in fact more valuable than the phone! You can check to see if the base phone component works by getting a D-battery pack and connecting it to the two brass posts in the battery compartment. It is complete with the exception of two things - the carry strap and the extra cable which was normally kept in the little slot next to the battery compartment. 90 to 100 US dollars is not unusual now for a working phone. The battery may be worth 100 US dollars or more depending upon the condition of the label. Too bad we can't see it. Attached a photo of my phones and switchboard in useduring a re-enactment at Old Bedford Village, PA. NH

BVX 1940 Field Telephone

?

Ok, guys, thanks for the info! I've put a "maximum bid" on it...see what happens. If I win it, I'll update with battery photos...

?

UPDATE:

ok, just won this baby for 57 EU...
    soon as I have it, I'll take a photo of the battery.
    Cheers,
    Fabe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast