Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cable drum carrier.

Article about: A friend dropped this cable drum carrier round to me today to see if I have ever seen anything like it before. Which I have not, I have seen similar which take wheels but this one does not a

Default Cable drum carrier.

A friend dropped this cable drum carrier round to me today to see if I have ever seen anything like it before. Which I have not, I have seen similar which take wheels but this one does not appear to ever had the fitting for the wheels. I am not interested in it for myself and he was only looking for a good zeltbahn in exchange for it... not sure if thats a good or bad deal. Does anyone have a similar item or info on what this is exactly.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cable drum carrier.   Cable drum carrier.  

Cable drum carrier.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cable drum carrier.
    P
    Many

Default Cable reel device

Closest thing I could find was used by heavy cable construction units. In this photo it looks like they are loading heavy cable onto a frame similar to what you posted. NH

Cable drum carrier.

Hi Neil,
    Long time no speak. Yes I know the drum shown in the photo and the carrier was quite a large traile device. The one I have show takes the standard cable reels as per a back pack cable layer. We certainly had out fair share of different examples here in Jersey. Be nice to see the odd one restored as you don't see many good original examples these days.
    Damien.

Default Another cable carrier

Damien, OK, got you on that first photo. It does have provision for wheels. How about this photo? I wish it was larger and clearer but the depiction describes it as Nachrichten. Maybe this is the same kind of hand carried cable frame? NH

Cable drum carrier.Cable drum carrier.

Default Kabel Karre

One last thought - maybe the frame of the Kabel Karre? I note there is a hole in the frame end where the handle may have been. Perhaps the axle fell off or the wheels were removed and re-purposed years ago. This type of carrier held three medium sized reels. NH

Cable drum carrier.Cable drum carrier.Cable drum carrier.

Hi Neil,
    It could have been one of those but the main differene is that the type you show folds down flat for when its not in use. The frame I have here could be a variation of it as it is totally rigid with out any fold down sections. I have looked at the underside and can see nothing that indicates that anything has been removed or rusted away. I am sure somewhere down the line a photo will appear and all will become clear. Till then its in my shed storing it for the owner who wants a nice zeltbahn for it..
    All good stuff, nice that different things appear... it keeps us guessing. Your photos appear to be along the right lines but just not clear enough to identify it exactly.
    D.

D. Gave it my best shot! It looks like the frame held three medium sized reels - the type used on backpacks as you indicated. Note the hole in the front of the frame on your first photo. Something was there and I think it was a handle. If I find any other interesting photos I will post them. NH

As I say, sooner or later it will all fall into place, a photo, a manual...something will give it away.
    d

Jan3
    ?

Default cable drum carrier

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    As I say, sooner or later it will all fall into place, a photo, a manual...something will give it away.
    d
    Hello,

I read your post on this forum about the cable drum carrier.

I have one but it is missing the top part, would you be so kind and take a photo of the carrier from the side, with a measure tape on the side so I can know the scale and so I can repair the one I have.

All the other parts I have are intact, I can send you photos of the other parts in exchange.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon :-)

Jan