Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Article about: Seen a lot of these recently - all on the same site: Search Results for “gas” – fjm44 The prices range from 475euro up to a wallet busting 1,350euro. What are peoples thoug

"Tan camo on Lux for 1,875 euro:"

Unbelievable! The ones in post 1 do seems to have an authentic patina. But, buyer beware.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo Gas Mask Canisters
    P
    Many

?

The website fjm44.com is run by me, and yes all of my camouflaged gasmask canisters are original. All of my items on fjm44.com are guaranteed originals. Thanks for the compliments!

Also, the one on Lux is real and desirable in that colour. Lux is a great source for high-end original items.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Tan camo on Lux for 1,875 euro:

Attachment 1245195
    It's expensive. I bought one like this for $ 250.

LUX has a nerve charging that much, smacks of greed !!

A case of I have these and if ya want one cough up, well that is not the attitude. People will pay up to a point, but there are many other things to buy with that amount of cash !!
    I mean you could have 4 or 5 x 2nd Edition Luftwaffe daggers or a complete ss helmet or 2 or 3 Luftwaffe helmets or ................................

1,075 euro on Lux again:

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

?

€1,075... for that?!

Am I missing something?

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    Actualy it from Frederik site , not Mathieu. ALL( or at least most of them ) are OK camo canisters ( to be honest it is much easier to spot fake camo canisters than helmets ).
    How do you figure ? The two items...helmets & canisters have nothing to do with each other. For starters...the expected wear patterns to look for are totally different. When judging a camo helmet, there are a few variables involved that the canisters don't have. Liner wear, handling wear, decal exposure, over all wear depending on theatre of operation, paint application which a canister does not exhibit. A camo helmet shows more signs to look for in regards to originality IMO. A camo canister has none of these features to look for. They were worn from a strap, so maybe you will see some wear on the sides from friction against a uniform. There are no "tell tale signs" to look for in the canister. MUCH more difficult to authenticate than a helmet

?

Wow - nice cans - insane prices!
    "Bunker camo" can - got it for 40 EU about a year ago, from local metal collector gypsies - I guess one of the advantages of living in Hungary, where there were so much fighting going on @ the end of the war...
    It was found in town called 'Mány' where there were heavy fighting involved the IV. SS Panzer Corps, III. and V. SS Panzer Divisions - in January, 1945. Operation Konrad III - Wikipedia
    Besides the 3 or 4 layers of paint-job, the other interesting bit is; no letter "D" (as for 'water-proof") at the bottom of the can.
    Camo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask Canisters

Also a rare "4" marked "bunker camo" jerry can was found at the same area:
    Camo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask CanistersCamo Gas Mask Canisters

Cheers,
    Fabe

No Bob, I don't think you are missing anything - I think most people are thinking the prices are pretty steep.

I think both Lux and FJM44 are great sites and have some fantastic items and I have purchased from both of them, but sometimes the prices are very high.
    But then if people will pay, you cannot blame them?

The tan camo canister - you can see how this could be desirable if you were putting together a DAK mannequin. The 'Normandy' and other camo's are nice but not necessary for a display if you so choose.

Like David says, I think these are hard to authenticate - harder than camo helmets which can already be hard enough at times.

Nick

895euro on World War Collectables if anyone fancies it...

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Camo Gas Mask Canisters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast