Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can not find info about a German Canteen - Help

Article about: Hello, Many year ago I acquired a German WWII Horse hair back pack, Mess Kit and Canteen. The Mess Kit is not the standard M31, It is a 2.0L Model 1910 (made in either 36 or 38). The backpac

Rwarter
    ?

Default Can not find info about a German Canteen - Help

Hello, Many year ago I acquired a German WWII Horse hair back pack, Mess Kit and Canteen. The Mess Kit is not the standard M31, It is a 2.0L Model 1910 (made in either 36 or 38). The backpack is pretty standard but the canteen is odd.

It has an odd leather strap that wraps around it, It looks like the original Grey felt was lost and someone taped patches of Orange and brown Felt onto it, But the odd part is the Cup that is attached looks like the one I have seen in many pictures but it has 2 metal straps that the leather band goes through and it is silver. The other odd part is it has a metal screw lid that does not look like any other I have seen and the threads on the canteen are thick and the spout is odd shaped from every other one.

Has any one ever come across one like this??

Any info is appreciated. Can not find info about a German Canteen - HelpCan not find info about a German Canteen - Help

2. # ADS

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

Someone should be around to help. It is a holiday weekend (here in the US) so might be a while.

Not an example that I have seen before so not much for me to add.

Regards

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Similar canteens often used the German Red Cross - DRK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can not find info about a German Canteen - Help   Can not find info about a German Canteen - Help  

Attached Images Attached Images Can not find info about a German Canteen - Help