Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone ID my bayonet?

Article about: I have had this bayonet for a couple of years now and have been wondering latley where it is from. It has a waffenampt on the blade and and a number 3 above it and on the reverse it has a ci

?

Default Can someone ID my bayonet?

I have had this bayonet for a couple of years now and have been wondering latley where it is from.
    It has a waffenampt on the blade and and a number 3 above it and on the reverse it has a circle with what looks like a z or 2 in it.

the bayonet is longer than any i have seen and the "sharp" bit is on the opposite side to others, and when in the scabbard it faces the opposite way.

and on the scabbard lug is what looks like crossed knives/swords

any help would be nice.

regards

baxter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone ID my bayonet?   Can someone ID my bayonet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone ID my bayonet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Can someone ID my bayonet?

Looks like a Czech vz 24 long bayonet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thanks, ive found a couple of pics of vz 24 bayonets with the same markings on as mine,

says they are made under German occupation.

thanks again

Baxter

The vz24 used by the Czechs pre-war had a muzzle ring.

Some were modified by the Germans who removed the rings and made other modifications.

Later the bayonets were made from new by German controlled factories - Brunn Werke and Bystrica Werke.

The marking you describe is probably "cz" - this means that the bayonet was made using an existing Czech blade.

Regards

Richie

?

thanks Richie,

Would these bayonets of been used by the german army? is there any way of telling what year it was made?

regards

Baxter

Baxter

The later (new manufacture) ones are dated 42 or 43 so yours was probably converted before that.

With the muzzle ring the vz24 bayonet would fit the K98k.

I have seen a photo somewhere of German troops with the vz24. Thought I had saved a copy but can't seem to find it.

Hope this helps

Regards

Richie

Baxter,

While it was a little difficult to tell from the image, what you appear to have is a possibly reworked German version of the Vz 24 (t) bayonet as manufactured at Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka ( Povázská Bystrica) during the German occupation (from the factory they were not numbered). Most probably circa 1941. The scabbard I am not as sure of and it may be later(?). Typically the Povázská Bystrica bayonets have scabbards made at Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka (Brno) with either a Eagle/63 Waffneamt on the frog stud or plain. Not a conversion from a Czech army bayonet, these were new manufacture bayonets, and later than the fairly scarce Waffenamted early full muzzle ring versions made during the occupation.

Regards, FP

PS: Under German control Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka ( Povázská Bystrica) was known as Waffenwerke Brunn A.G - Pov. Bystrica having the Fertigungskennzeichen (maker’s code) “dou”. Initially finishing up leftover parts from Vz 24 production for the Wehrmacht. Then making the G. 24 (t) until converting to 98K production in 1942. With large quantities of captured ex-Czech Army weapons also going to the Wehrmacht, including what became the W/SS. FP

They look so nice without muzzle ring...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The no muzzle ring versions are very nice, and very collectible. For myself I like them both ways. With the bayonet on the top left one of the Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka (Brno) made versions with the “dot” Fertigungskennzeichen (makers code). Below it a 1943 Romanian contract “dot” marked example. And the precursor to the bayonet that started the thread. A full muzzle ring example with the Eagle/607 Waffenamt, from Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka ( Povázská Bystrica). FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone ID my bayonet?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast