Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone tell me about these?

Article about: Original Mauser Leather Ammo Pouch WW1 WW2 Brown Leather | eBay They look promising, but im not 100% sure...

Default Can someone tell me about these?

Original Mauser Leather Ammo Pouch WW1 WW2 Brown Leather | eBay
    They look promising, but im not 100% sure...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone tell me about these?   Can someone tell me about these?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone tell me about these?
    P
    Many

I don't feel that great about these pouches. To my eyes, they look to be post-war East European. Best to find a nice maker marked and dated black pebble finish leather German pouch instead. They are not too hard to find and are generally reasonably priced. Very iconic bits of German field gear.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I do not think they are WW II German either. Shape is not right.

They're not German issue pouches, that's for sure...Those look Eastern European, maybe even Turkish...
    Original black pouches are easily found for sale online...VeteransFootlocker has them at $40 each, for example...Shop around and you may find them cheaper...
    cheers,Glenn

?

I would hit up the gun shows. They always seem to be at them around here and never go very high. I can pick them up for between 25 and 40 most times. A lot less military collectors are going to the gun shows any more.

Glenn hit the nail I too think Turkish there was a article on them here while back I can't remember where Turkey produced a lot of them in the light leather copied off the German WW1 pouch. Great War Militaria used to sell these for "Use in the Trenches" to as they say trash before the German ww1 Repos came out. timothy