Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Canister

Article about: Hi Forum Do someone know what this canister is, I am sureit is not for a gasmask ? Regads John

When it looks like a thermos maybe it is a thermos:-). Anyway it does not have any connection with WWII.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canister
    P
    Many

HI
    Thank you for your additional info, but how can you determine it is not from wwii, ? I have found a link where there is a thermo that lokks like it, and on one of the straps on the canister there is a DRGM stamp

Link: thermos

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canister  

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    HI
    Thank you for your additional info, but how can you determine it is not from wwii, ? I have found a link where there is a thermo that lokks like it, and on one of the straps on the canister there is a DRGM stamp

Link: thermos

Regards
    John
    Even household items were stamped with DRGM (Deutsches Reichs- Gebrauchsmuster). On the Dutch version of Ebay 'Marktplaats' theres a lamp for sale stamped DRGM. I heard that even some items produced after WW2 were stamped DRGM. I believe that I can read from Wikipedia that they've been stamping things with DRGM As early as 1876.

Regards,
    Bas

DRGM was generally used between 1891 and 1945, but you state that the Thermo is nor from WWII, that does not match the former link I posted and the german text belw from wikipedia (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebrauchsmuster)

(Zahlreiche Produkte wurden so zwischen 1891 und etwa 1945 mit der Kennzeichnung „D.R.G.M.“ versehen, oft unter Hinzufügung der Musternummer, die es heute erlaubt, die Entstehungszeit mancher materiell überlieferter historischer Geräte auf ein bestimmtes Jahrzehnt einzugrenzen.[1] Auch einige Jahre nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg war diese Kennzeichnung in Westdeutschland gelegentlich noch üblich, die Abkürzung lautete dann entsprechend "D.B.G.M." (Deutsches Bundes-Gebrauchsmuster)

I am still sure it is a Thermo from WWII, it still looks quite a lot this one: thermos

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    DRGM was generally used between 1891 and 1945, but you state that the Thermo is nor from WWII, that does not match the former link I posted and the german text belw from wikipedia (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebrauchsmuster)

(Zahlreiche Produkte wurden so zwischen 1891 und etwa 1945 mit der Kennzeichnung „D.R.G.M.“ versehen, oft unter Hinzufügung der Musternummer, die es heute erlaubt, die Entstehungszeit mancher materiell überlieferter historischer Geräte auf ein bestimmtes Jahrzehnt einzugrenzen.[1] Auch einige Jahre nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg war diese Kennzeichnung in Westdeutschland gelegentlich noch üblich, die Abkürzung lautete dann entsprechend "D.B.G.M." (Deutsches Bundes-Gebrauchsmuster)

I am still sure it is a Thermo from WWII, it still looks quite a lot this one: thermos
    A little late to respond to this one, but to get back to the argument which i had forgotten about; who even says that the site posted is a good, reputable site? I've never heard of it. Deutsche Reichs Patent just means 'German Reich Patent' and the German reich existed already before WW2. If you were sure it was a thermos from WW2 before posting it then why do you even ask for other peoples' opinions?

Regards,
    Bas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2