Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canteen relic or bring back

Article about: I just acquired this canteen and am curious as to what you guys think about it. Also, what does the ESB38 mean? Year of manufacture? It came without a cup.

Default Canteen relic or bring back

I just acquired this canteen and am curious as to what you guys think about it. Also, what does the ESB38 mean? Year of manufacture? It came without a cup.
    Canteen relic or bring backCanteen relic or bring backCanteen relic or bring backCanteen relic or bring back

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canteen relic or bring back
    P
    Many

?

I am no canteen expert but have 3 in my collection. I have one marked with the ESB maker and 42. I believe your canteen is a M31 Model Canteen or a Mountain Troops / Medical Canteen. Other guys who know more may be able to shed more light for you on exact type. I do know for certain that the ESB38 is for maker Eduard Sommerfeld and was made in Berlin in 1938. Nice piece. Thanks for showing. Hope this helps.

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canteen relic or bring back   Canteen relic or bring back  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks! Yes it does help shed some light on the subject. Much appreciated.

?

Why do you say it is a Gebirgs canteen?
    Sarge

?

Hey Sarge,

Not sure if a medics canteen or m31? Open to your knowledge. I was told mine was a medics mountain troop canteen. Not sure what this one is for certain. What do you think?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Why do you say it is a Gebirgs canteen?
    Sarge

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I am no canteen expert but have 3 in my collection. I have one marked with the ESB maker and 42. I believe your canteen is a M31 Model Canteen or a Mountain Troops / Medical Canteen. Other guys who know more may be able to shed more light for you on exact type. I do know for certain that the ESB38 is for maker Eduard Sommerfeld and was made in Berlin in 1938. Nice piece. Thanks for showing. Hope this helps.

Rossi
    Medics, Mountain troops or whatever, that's a real nice looking canteen you have there Rossi!

Everything you show is in such fine shape!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks Michael,

Hope all is well with you. Are you ready for the trip or on it already? Be well and safe travels.

Rossi

Quote by MAP View Post
    Medics, Mountain troops or whatever, that's a real nice looking canteen you have there Rossi!

Everything you show is in such fine shape!

Michael

Medical canteens are bigger than the enlisted man canteens. Medical canteens are 1.0 Liters while EM canteens are 0.7Liters (0.8?)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Thanks Michael,

Hope all is well with you. Are you ready for the trip or on it already? Be well and safe travels.

Rossi
    Thanks! All set. Looking forward to getting away from work and a little R&R with the family. Will be back in December. Have your book packed for the flight.

Will see everyone when I return

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast