Default Re: Canteens

wow superb condition !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canteens
    P
    Many

?

The mailman gave me a new canteen today, and I am very pleased The canteen have all the features for a late war version, but I can't figure out the marking on the bottle. The stamp is very faint, but maybe one of you are familiar with the producer?

Best regards FJ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canteens   Canteens  

Canteens   Canteens  

Canteens   Canteens  

Canteens   Canteens  

Canteens  

Hello,
    Sorry i can't help you out with the maker's mark on the red lacquered canteen....never seen it before, but once again, very nice canteen collection...
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JonB
    ?

Quote by agv44 View Post
    The mailman gave me a new canteen today, and I am very pleased The canteen have all the features for a late war version, but I can't figure out the marking on the bottle. The stamp is very faint, but maybe one of you are familiar with the producer?

Best regards FJ
    The maker marking is an inverted MN above 1944 in a circle, which is believed to be the manufacturer MeNeSA, or Metallwerke Neheim, Saar. Hope this helps

Hello.
    Menesa Metallwerke is not located in Neheim but in Neunkirchen as you can check it here : stamp Mn - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    This being said I am particularly interested in this late war example that shows a combination of non-matching components that are not the most commonly seen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2