Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars

Article about: Hi, Can anyone help me with some information on a pair of German Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars that I own. I have owned a pair of the green rubber armoured set, but I am a bit puzzled by these.

Default Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars

Hi, Can anyone help me with some information on a pair of German Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars that I own. I have owned a pair of the green rubber armoured set, but I am a bit puzzled by these.
    I do know that in Dr. Hans T. Seegers book on page 377 that early issues of these type of binoculars did exist with out the rubber armouring. However a photo in his book shows hinged eyecups.
    Mine clearly do not have this type of eye cover, mine just screw on. Also I have posted some pictures and it shows that mine have no metal casting to support any fixing for a hinge type eyecup or even
    if the rubber armour was missing there is no hole to put in the clip pin. I have seen another pair like mine on google by typing in WWII German Carl Zeiss 7x50 U-Boat binoculars. Only the pair on there
    have metal eyecups and mine are a Bakelite composition.
    Any information would be helpful as I wish to list on auction.
    Thanks.Carl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 BinocularsCarl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars
    P
    Many

they are not Kriegsmarine.

Hi.
    If they are not Kreigsmarine, then what are they ?

?

Question

BTHOM, but NO Eagle M or just an M, so not Kriegsmarine. That could account for the differences too. Sarge

Odd serial number with only 5 digits.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Sarge,
    Okay, If they are not Kriegsmarine, I have not found any reference to them in Dr. Hans T. Seegers Book. So they must be quite rare ?

Hi Steve,
    Still no closer as to what type are they. I cannot not find any reference in Hans Seegers book.

Searching the internet, found these :

Resurfacing after 68 years: The binoculars taken from a U-boat commander moments after crew surrendered at the end of World War 11 | Daily Mail Online

U-Boot Fernglas Zeiss BLC 7x50 WWII - army-store24

Perhaps the rubber on your bins had worn away or was
    no longer serviceable and removed.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars   Carl Zeiss 7x50 Binoculars  

Regards,

Steve.

I feel they are Kriegsmarine as none of the large U boat binoculars with rubber armouring have KM marks only maker code serial number and type size 7x50 etc , also these have fixed focus as found on U boat binoculars most likely these are a early war pair

I agree. I have owned a few of the green armoured ones. This to me seems to be an earlier release.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast