Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Case for Nebelhandgranates

Article about: One of the most unusual items I ever found at the huge regional flea market in East Texas known as Canton First Monday Trade Days was this briefcase-sized steel case for grenades. I've seen

Default Case for Nebelhandgranates

One of the most unusual items I ever found at the huge regional flea market in East Texas known as Canton First Monday Trade Days was this briefcase-sized steel case for grenades. I've seen pictures of them with stencil marking indicating they were for 32 Eierhandgranates ( egg grenades ), but they commonly held 15 M.24 or M.39 Steilhandgranates. For stick grenades it would have an internal rack, unfortunately missing in mine, to hold 7 on one side and 8 on the other. It has its original paint, though, and is stamped and dated Cjv 40, which I later learned was for Franz R. Conrad, Beleuchtungskorper und Metallwarnwerk, Berlin SO 36, Glogauer Strasse 19-21 and an illegeble Waffenamt stamp. The seller ( a reenactor who knew what it was ) said the white stripe painted around it indicated it originally carried Nebelhandgranates or smoke grenades.

Case for Nebelhandgranates Case for Nebelhandgranates Case for Nebelhandgranates

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Case for Nebelhandgranates
    P
    Many

Default Re: Case for Nebelhandgranates

Nice item and good to see with plenty of original paint.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice find! Congratulations.

smokin !

Quote by spandau View Post
    smokin !
    LOL!! ...... but yes, a great find in great shape!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "