Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cased radio valves

Article about: Here is a boxes set of radio valves I bought many years ago. Its a nice early wooden case dated 1937 and has a sprung loaded frame inside to not only hold the valves but also to allow some m

Default Cased radio valves

Here is a boxes set of radio valves I bought many years ago. Its a nice early wooden case dated 1937 and has a sprung loaded frame inside to not only hold the valves but also to allow some movement in the event of the box being knocked whilst still protecting the valves. Its the only one I have seen locally but I am sure others will have the same piece of kit.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased radio valves   Cased radio valves  

Cased radio valves   Cased radio valves  

Cased radio valves   Cased radio valves  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased radio valves
    P
    Many

Leave it to the Germans to over-engineer Everything! What an interesting find, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

These old vacuum tubes are collectable , and people still look for them to repair old gear . Some are worth pretty good money . Nice find

nice buy.

What is the tube/valve designation, do you know? Any way to figure it out from the code numbers, a crossover somewhere. They look like a tall skinny like EL84/6QB5 I believe is the European designation. Would be neat to see them be used in a piece of audio gear. And yes, some old Telefunkens can be worth a fortune.

Wow! I love how they suspended them to prevent damage. I was an electronic tech for a long time and have never seen that. Very nice!

?

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    Wow! I love how they suspended them to prevent damage. I was an electronic tech for a long time and have never seen that. Very nice!
    I wonder how these would do in an "Amplifier" My old guitar rig had (3)12 Ax7's and (4) GL6x6 or some configuration similar.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

They are producing brand new amplifiers now days with vacuum tubes instead of transistors. Some music buffs say it sounds better.

?

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    They are producing brand new amplifiers now days with vacuum tubes instead of transistors. Some music buffs say it sounds better.
    I am "Old School"... Duane Eddy... The Ventures... Dick Dale and the Deltones... Hahahahhaa
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Tube amps rule! 6L6's is what you're thinking, 4 6L6's is standard tube in a Fender Twin Reverb, the 12AX7/12AT7's are the preamp tubes. Dale used a bunch of amps with 6L6's, Bandmasters or Dual Showmans, very LOUD, and clean. Tube amps never went out of style, and are going stronger than ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast