Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here are a few photo's of the German bunker that I open in the summer to the public as a museum. It is a standard 10.5cm casemate/bunker, meaning it housed a 10.5cm cannon which was used for

Default Re: The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Yes, we can do that sort of thing. Its good fun but all according to how much you fire it can work out to be expensive.
    d.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Jersey thats a lovely collection shame about not owning the bunker..just make sure you do the lottery every week you never know!!! How much does a bunker go for now days?? Is ten of thousands?..You need a cafe/NAAFI selling Second world war brews..My mate own the Cobbaton museum in North Devon he sells tea,coffee,crisps all that jazz from a NAAFI van I always grab a brew or can of pop when im there..If I do so must a 1000 other people..Fridge magnets everybody loves a fridge magnet!!!!! Terry.

?

Fridge magnets rule!!!

'When in doubt - brew up!' I have a hunch, thats not a saying in tank circles then.

?

LOL I didnt think of that before!!! No not good thing if you happen to hanging around Shermans!!!!..I got the saying from an old metal sign ive had since I was 14 years old..When I was in the Army I use to take the sign with me on Ops for moral!!!! Its also famous.. thats another story... Terry

Jersey, are you the same chap that I sold a nice MG34 and 42 to a while ago?
    Ben

?

Double post

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    LOL I didnt think of that before!!! No not good thing if you happen to hanging around Shermans!!!!..I got the saying from an old metal sign ive had since I was 14 years old..When I was in the Army I use to take the sign with me on Ops for moral!!!! Its also famous.. thats another story... Terry

Actually a brew can save a guy in an armoured vehicle; when I was in Astan a Viking command vehicle was involved in a 'dispute' of the kind where words had run out. The vehicle was not at the very front of the action but within 'reach.' The action had been going on for a while.
    The bloke 'up top' bend down to take his tea from a multi-fuel burner fastened to the inside of the turret. Just as he hunkered down inside the turret, an RPG round hit the Viking.
    I be the turret gunner is a believer in a brew

?

Im big fan of brewing up..except were it is likely to get me in trouble!!!A nice cup of tea can make the world a better place!!! trust me ive tried it a 1000 times lol..Funny you should say in the front of the action..When i was in Afghan there was no front line they would get everywhere....Time for a brew me thinks. Terry

?

This was a fairly common scenario; roll up to some fortified compounds in the middle of a flat desert and engage the foe within. As I mentioned, there is not use for the command Viking to be closest to the action.
    Turret gunner was just for defence of vehicle - not for suppressive fire for the squaddies.
    I guess you would have had to be involved in such an action, which was fairly normal to understand. Trust me; no doubt at ALL, where the action is nor where the AK and RPG fire is comming from.
    The 'no front lines,' I can relate to.
    Walking in the Green Zone in Helmand and staying for hours in corn fields with zero visibility is as close to a brown trouser moment as one can come.

?

I second that sir....Terry

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast