Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here are a few photo's of the German bunker that I open in the summer to the public as a museum. It is a standard 10.5cm casemate/bunker, meaning it housed a 10.5cm cannon which was used for

Default Re: The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.

Hi Ben,
    Not sure to be honest, I do buy 34's and 42's when they come up but don't recall your name.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Yes, we can do that sort of thing. Its good fun but all according to how much you fire it can work out to be expensive.
    d.
    Visited your bunker last June, it was like walking into heaven for me lol, amazing.
    Any chance you have a 34/42 available to fire? If so could you pm me some detail/cost etc, I'd chop my arm off for the chance!.
    Regards, John

The bunker looks great D !! Will be over in early May for my birthday, looking forward to it now, especially after seeing these pictures !!!

?

Plenty of photos then Martin...Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Im big fan of brewing up..except were it is likely to get me in trouble!!!A nice cup of tea can make the world a better place!!! trust me ive tried it a 1000 times lol..Funny you should say in the front of the action..When i was in Afghan there was no front line they would get everywhere....Time for a brew me thinks. Terry
    Always makes me chuckle, the scene in " A Bridge Too Far " when the guy offers Roy Urquhart ( Sean Connery ) a cup of tea, I cant remember the exact words, its when the lunatics are laughing at them from the woods, his jeeps have crash landed in Gliders and the radio dont work ! lol

Quote by Tango View Post
    Plenty of photos then Martin...Cheers Terry.
    Oh yeah mate ! I have been the channel Islands many times, cant wait to go back, if I won the lottery it would be one place I would love to live !!

Heres a quick picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

?

Wilcox do you really think that a cup of tea is going to help? Cant do any harm sir!! words like that classic film... Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Wilcox do you really think that a cup of tea is going to help? Cant do any harm sir!! words like that classic film... Cheers Terry.
    Thats the one !!! Love it !!

In fact, you cant beat a nice cup of tea, I am going to put kettle on now !!! haha

?

Roger that... Nice gun...Are all the defences around the Island or mainly North??...Being that Uk was the threat.. Cheers Terry.

Here ya go Terry, brew's up !! haha

The defences are all around the Island ( Jersey ) I guess where ever Hitler thought we may launch landing offences, so beaches and bays and such like. Even the old Castles are fortified, such as Elizabeth Castle, and Mont Orgueil Castle in Gorey, I would post pictures but don’t want to highjack D's thread.

Guernsey was also fortified, as was Alderney which was the most heavily fortified island due to its proximity to France
    There are also defences left over from the Napoleonic wars, mainly the Martello towers

It’s worth a trip mate, you would enjoy it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey, Channel Islands.  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast