Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese Mauser

Article about: Hello everyone, I acquired this Chinese Mauser a few weeks ago. I've done some research, but have not found anything in this "dark wood" version. Could it be a different type of wo

Default Chinese Mauser

Hello everyone,

I acquired this Chinese Mauser a few weeks ago. I've done some research, but have not found anything in this "dark wood" version. Could it be a different type of wood? Do you have any idea what it could be worth. Also - I have bullets for it. Is it safe to fire or should I take some precautions... Thank you for all input..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese Mauser   Chinese Mauser  

Chinese Mauser   Chinese Mauser  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chinese Mauser
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chinese Mauser

I am unsure if it's a Chinese Mauser... looks more like a mannlicher based rifle to me. I would also say that the wood may be darkened because of age and the conditions it was stored in to X amount of years.

The rifle looks structurally sound, but there is no way to tell if it's safe to shoot just based on pictuers. You'll have to bring it to a competent gunsmith inspect it in person.

- - Updated - -

I take that back! It looks to be a Chinese Hanyang Arsenal Mauser.

Default Re: Chinese Mauser

I agree that the condition of the stock is due to age and storage conditions. I also agree that it is highly advisable to have a competent gunsmith inspect this firearm...your health and safety depend on it, friend...
    Glenn