Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Combat Y-Straps

Article about: Hello folks. Now that I have a tunic, I'm looking at acquiring a full set of webbing to accompany it. I'll be starting with the Y-straps. They seem to be a rather difficult component to acqu

Default Combat Y-Straps

Hello folks.

Now that I have a tunic, I'm looking at acquiring a full set of webbing to accompany it. I'll be starting with the Y-straps. They seem to be a rather difficult component to acquire.

I've found this set on the website of the dealer who sold me the tunic. As they have a bit of a 'Del Boy' reputation, I'd like to be sure before pulling the trigger. The photos are unfortunately quite small, but they appear alright to me from what little I know about them.

Combat Y-StrapsCombat Y-Straps

If anyone might be able to point me in the direction of a better pair, I'd be more than happy for the assistance.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Y-Straps
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Gebirgstruppen were not issued with Y-straps
    Even the mountain infantry was not equipped with Y-straps, so the artillery...
    Knowledge is a long journey, but don't worry you'll learn...
    The ones pictured here are ok, even if the metal parts are a bit rusty, there's also a belt loop...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I'm afraid I've already jumped the gun on these ones. Have bought them along with a belt and buckle.

Combat Y-Straps

I do recall it being mentioned that men transferred from Gebirgsjäger to standard units often kept their edelweiss sleeve patches, despite it being against regulations to do so. Looks like this soldat is going to be one of those! What would the purpose of the separate belt loop be? Attaching additional field equipment?

B.B.

The auxiliary belt loop was for additional equipment that did not fit into standard pouches or carriers. I use mine with a liter canteen to save wear and tear on the bread bag. i have also seen them in use when ammo pouches are not present. You can put the D-ring facing up to connect to the y-strap. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The auxiliary belt loop was for additional equipment that did not fit into standard pouches or carriers. I use mine with a liter canteen to save wear and tear on the bread bag. i have also seen them in use when ammo pouches are not present. You can put the D-ring facing up to connect to the y-strap. NH
    Thanks for the info. Not sure what use I'll have for it with this display, but it'll be a useful piece of kit to keep around.

B.B.

?

Combat Y-Straps

Here is some good info and help for a set up from my gerbirgsjäger vs soviet sailor osprey book.

Even mentions the D ring for the waterbottle. Sorry for a bad picture since i took it with my ipad, click on it to view in another tab and it should look better

No worries with the quality of the pictures. An iPad is how I take all my photos as well. Much quicker to transfer to my computer than a traditional camera.

At this point I think I'm going for an ex-Gebirgsjäger rather than a current one. I'd have no way of displaying the backpack and all of the additional equipment anyway. It'll be a long time yet before I have any space for a full mannequin.

EDIT: I suppose I could just leave out the Y-straps, and tuck them away somewhere for later. Not really using my brain this evening!

B.B.