Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of boxes for review!

Article about: Hi people! My friend has those boxes but he doesnt know for what they are. Could someone help? Cheers First one (has some kind of flag drawed on the front): Second one:

Default Couple of boxes for review!

Hi people! My friend has those boxes but he doesnt know for what they are. Could someone help?

Cheers

First one (has some kind of flag drawed on the front):
    Couple of boxes for review!Couple of boxes for review!Couple of boxes for review!

Second one:
    Couple of boxes for review!Couple of boxes for review!Couple of boxes for review!Couple of boxes for review!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of boxes for review!
    P
    Many

Very interesting boxes. Could you post a picture of the label which seems to indicate the box held 20 German anti-tank grenades made in 1945.
    The first one is super, and has the same latch as a black wooden box I had with REICHSEIGENTUM in large letters on it. Carried some war equipment for the army.
    Thanks for posting.

I can't clearly read the first box but it looks like Lat.Kast.37 Pi. It is a chest for something model 1937. Apparently, it was quite heavy. Gew. 75 kg = Weight 75 Kilograms. It would be about 165 US pounds! I need a better read on the lettering. NH

Second box contained 20 Large anti tank rifle grenades as indicated. The date looks like 1943 to me. Here is a description of the grenade from the 1958 Picattinny Arsenal German Ordnance dictionary. "Large antitank rifle grenade (Grosse Gewehrpanzergranate) was fired from the same 30mm discharger cup (Shiesbecher) as the small grenade described under a). The head of this grenade was larger (max diam 1-3/4 ") The length of the ensemble (head and stem) was 7", the total weight 13 1/2 oz and the wt of the filler (TNT) 4 1/2 oz. Its range was 100 yd. NH

Laternen Kasten 37

For the Field Lights

weight = 7,5 Kg

Tom

Tom - Nicely done! I did not see the comma. So the box contained lanterns weighing about 16 1/2 pounds. That makes much more sense. NH

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Laternen Kasten 37

For the Field Lights

weight = 7,5 Kg

Tom
    Bingo! Brilliant, Tom