Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of canteen cups

Article about: Here are a couple of relic canteen ( feldflasche ) alloy cups that I thought I might show you all. The first is interesting as it is a FWBN39 which would have originally been painted BLACK.

Default A couple of canteen cups

Here are a couple of relic canteen ( feldflasche ) alloy cups that I thought I might show you all.

The first is interesting as it is a FWBN39 which would have originally been painted BLACK. At some later time it was crudely spray painted (possibly by a unit painter) OLIVE GREEN as per the order dated April 23, 1941. You can still see evidence of the original black.

The second is interesting also as it has been painted white to blend in with the Russian winter and again, residue of the later olive green is present still under the flaking paint.

Small items but still of interest to some I hope?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of canteen cups   A couple of canteen cups  

A couple of canteen cups   A couple of canteen cups  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of canteen cups
    P
    Many

Default Re: A couple of canteen cups

Hi Dan, interesting to see the different paint applied. Nice items, thanks for showing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: A couple of canteen cups

Some from my collection, one even has three layers of paint: green, grey and black. The regulation from 1941 says that from now on all black field gear should be painted green, also the factories started to release this kind of stuff in green only. As many thousands of pre-war equipment pieces were already at front you can see many different shades of green on them. Even factories used slightly different shades, some lighter, some darker, some shiny, etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of canteen cups   A couple of canteen cups